safeskies

WTB - Muzzleloader Setup

I’m curious if anyone has a full muzzleloader setup that is ready to sell. I’m hoping to find a gun with bullets, powder, etc that have been tested and works. Looking to try out muzzleloading but not sure if it’s for me or not.

I have a Thompson Center Renegade .54 with a mounted 1 power extended eye relief scope along with some balls, patches, primers if interested.   

2 hours ago, Ed67 said:

I have a Thompson Center Renegade .54 with a mounted 1 power extended eye relief scope along with some balls, patches, primers if interested.   

Thanks for the offer. I should have stated, however, that I’m interested in a more modern, inline model. Just want to get my feet wet with something already setup with modern parts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, safeskies said:

Thanks for the offer. I should have stated, however, that I’m interested in a more modern, inline model. Just want to get my feet wet with something already setup with modern parts.

All good, I’m sure you will find what you’re looking for.  I’m going to list mine soon for $300 which is a good deal on a Renegade considering the Gunbroker prices/sales price if anyone else is interested. 

A custom new inline runs well over $2,500 when done correctly. Todd at Southern Xpress built mine. 354 yard accurate kill shot on my first hunt with a BP rifle. And... they are talking about outlawing them so it could be money somewhat wasted.

CVA Accuras  are nice rifles. What distance and accuracy are you looking for? Several of the newer "old style" inlines may be converted to handle large rifle primers/magnum primers. That is an less expensive way to go. 

Why not get a cheap older inline that uses the 209 primer first to play with and get used to and then decide which way you want to go on the newer inlines. My Custom inline shoots $3.00 ea. Nosize 45 cal bullets via $10.00 each reusable brass casings primed with Federal Large Rifle Magnum primers using 111 grains of $55.00 per 10oz container of Blackhorn 209. Not real economical to say the least, but extremely accurate! Todd has built several of these extreme custom inlines and builds them very well! But they cost big $$

Hunt was posted early 2021 on Campfire.

IMG_20211027_090811.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of barrel problems being reported with the 45 cal MR-X which might explain Midway pricing.

Bill