Sign in to follow this  
180ls1

If you were looking for a 300" bull...

Looking for a 300" bull, early archery or late rifle?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. If you were looking for a 300" bull, what would you choose?

• Late rifle
    • Early Archery

Well, I am at 10 points and am looking to draw. Its been a lifelong goal to get a 300" bull. What would you guys say gives me a better chance at one? Early archery or late rifle? I am proficient with both weapons and can take the full archery season to hunt but dont want to wait a whole lot longer to draw. Tag soup is OK, I just want a chance, not a guarantee.

Either - its no the hunt but the hunter - chasing bulls in the rut is the best IMO

You can kill a 300” bull in any unit in the state in either hunt if you look around a bit.  I’d go with archery personally.  

• Like 3

I always have more fun on the Archery rut tag. Good luck

• Like 1

Finding a 300  bull and killing a 300 bull two different things. I see more people passing bulls on archery hunts than late hunts. Lots of good bulls out there. Finding a 300 on either one is doable.

if you are a resident you have a good chance to draw the Unit 23 late hunt with 10 points.

But you need to be in at least decent shape or have some helpers because most bulls will be in difficult spots.

Good optics would be preferable too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JSR said:

if you are a resident you have a good chance to draw the Unit 23 late hunt with 10 points.

But you need to be in at least decent shape or have some helpers because most bulls will be in difficult spots.

My wife has 10 points also  and I'm thinking of putting her in for late 23 or unit 1....  

7 hours ago, JSR said:

Looks like last year it took 12 to be in the bonus pass.  So they are 3 years out assuming no point creep.  It seems to have crept about a point a year the last few years so I’m gonna say they’re closer to 5-6 years out.  

• Like 1