Oakley

Azgfd fall regs

Last few years has been the end of December. But I remember last year they had issues with unit 10 and the boquillas. I'm sure that might be why it's late this year. They put the booklet out too early last year

I just received an email from AGFD reminding me to update my portal account in preparation for the elk/pronghorn applications.  Guessing the regs are coming out in the next few days/week.

Seems to me the online application system is usually available around the 3rd week of January. 

Bet they saw this thread and were like, "Great, CWT is on to us again. Put em up!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, mc68 said:

Anyone know why they moved the late rifle Bull hunts to the week after Thanksgiving? 

Happens every 5-6 years due to the calendar changing. All hunts are set to start on specific weeks of the year. Example: late elk to start on the 48th Friday of the year. (No idea if that's the correct week) As the calendar moves around from year to year with a leap year or two eventually the hunts bump back. I think the last time it bumped back like this was 2017. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Coues247 said:

Happens every 5-6 years due to the calendar changing. All hunts are set to start on specific weeks of the year. Example: late elk to start on the 48th Friday of the year. (No idea if that's the correct week) As the calendar moves around from year to year with a leap year or two eventually the hunts bump back. I think the last time it bumped back like this was 2017. 

I just figured it was because of wives complaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The same happens with the 3rd whitetail hunt from time to time.