Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Impact Wrench recommendations?

Looking to buy an impact wrench for doing tire changes in the field, anyone have any recommendations?  I was looking at getting a Power Tank with a impact wrench, but havent yet decided if I need or want a PT.

I bought a Kinswood 20V 1/2” rechargeable off Amazon for 89.99 for the same think. It works great 

I have the Ryobi 18v 1/2” impact and it does very well.  Most my other tools are ryobi which is why I went that route.  Plenty strong for everyday, non commercial use.  I picked up an extra one for $99 with a 4ah battery and charger just to keep in the hunting rig.

If you already have an 18volt tool set just get the same brand. They always do battery deal around Christmas too.  

2 hours ago, twigsnapper said:

I have the Ryobi 18v 1/2” impact and it does very well.  Most my other tools are ryobi which is why I went that route.  Plenty strong for everyday, non commercial use.  I picked up an extra one for $99 with a 4ah battery and charger just to keep in the hunting rig.

Have the same one for the same reason and happy with it 

I have a ton of Milwawkee 18v cordless tools.  So the Milwawkee Fuel 1/2" impact was a no-brainer for me.  I use it for rattling down towersas well as making tire changes a snap.  Just hang on tight.

• Like 3

I use Milwaukee as well, have not had a problem with any.  

Well I wore out a fuel drill, 1500+ holes through 1/4" steel overhead In a year.  It still ran, but sounded funny.  Warranty covered it.

The high torque 1/2" is really nice.  

The m18 compressor works very good too, use it almost as much as my shop compressor.

• Like 2

Milwaukee or snap on. Both are high dollar. I have both. I’ve never sent my snap on in for repair but I have with the Milwaukee. “Commercial use” on my side. But I’d recommend either or and stand behind it. Techs in my shop use less and get by with more.

• Like 1

I run all Dewalt 20V. Works for drills, Sawzall, impact, chainsaw. Their chainsaw is super light and works well when packing our llamas or cutting trees out of the roads on the spring bear and turkey hunts. 

The ½" impact has worked well on all the truck and trailer tires.

• Like 2

Thanks all. I have Kobalt at home and to keep the sharing of chargers and batteries, I will get the Kobalt 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

I have a ton of Milwawkee 18v cordless tools.  So the Milwawkee Fuel 1/2" impact was a no-brainer for me.  I use it for rattling down towersas well as making tire changes a snap.  Just hang on tight

I have a Milwaukee too for same reason and more than happy with it. Highly recommended too .

• Like 1

Electric impact. Milwaukee M18 Fuel will crush it, but alot of other will confine for normal people.

If you want a PT for air, that is fine, but IMO electric impacts are super legit now. You can use the batteries on other things that are useful in the field too like sawzalls, grinders, drills, chainsaws, etc. 

I personally use dewalt 18v/20v stuff because I have a bunch of it from my contractor days. Milwaukee has surpassed dewalt on having the best cordless tools IMO. Dewalt used to be the king. 

Harley

• Like 2