Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Raymond Ranch

Wondering if someone could help me find the max point for Raymond Ranch draw? 

Thanks! I'm getting close, I have 32 going into it.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

That's the shoot I am after too.  I have no desire to sit in a blind for hours on end and dealing with the shitshow that is up north.  Bison mounts look like cattle to me, so just a euro if it's a bull, but more than happy with some cow meat.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

That's the shoot I am after too.  I have no desire to sit in a blind for hours on end and dealing with the shitshow that is up north.  Bison mounts look like cattle to me, so just a euro if it's a bull, but more than happy with some cow meat.

Exactly my thought as well, how many points are you sitting on? 

12 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Exactly my thought as well, how many points are you sitting on? 

Not even sniffing max.. lol 18 for me.  The good thing about the Raymond is I am in no real hurry to draw it.  I have been pretty good at filling up the freezer over the years and this Moose from 2022 should last a good while.  Donated a bunch of it to the locals because they really talked me into.  After eating my first pack of burger I immediately knew I F'd up.  Moose meat is now my favorite wild game.  The subsistance lifestyle they live and seeing their poverty in those small villages messed up my thinking process.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Not even sniffing max.. lol 18 for me.  The good thing about the Raymond is I am in no real hurry to draw it.  I have been pretty good at filling up the freezer over the years and this Moose from 2022 should last a good while.  Donated a bunch of it to the locals because they really talked me into.  After eating my first pack of burger I immediately knew I F'd up.  Moose meat is now my favorite wild game.  The subsistance lifestyle they live and seeing their poverty in those small villages messed up my thinking process.  

Right on! Ya I have heard the same about Moose meat. Good for you! My 10 year boy is going to really lucky when I draw. Figured it would be great to see him shoot a Buffalo. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Right on! Ya I have heard the same about Moose meat. Good for you! My 10 year boy is going to really lucky when I draw. Figured it would be great to see him shoot a Buffalo. 

That would be great for him. Do you have a rifle setup for him?

Yes i do, I definitely need to work with him more at the range. He currently shoots a 30-06 that Todd at southernexpress cut down for me. But I do have a few options. 

2 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

That would be great for him. Do you have a rifle setup for him

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

They just wanted to finesse you out of some meat 

58 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

They just wanted to finesse you out of some meat 

Def. What happened.  I feel so bamboozled.  Live and learn.  I wasn't gonna shoot another, but may have to make another trip after eating that meat.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vowell said:

Yes i do, I definitely need to work with him more at the range. He currently shoots a 30-06 that Todd at southernexpress cut down for me. But I do have a few options. 

If he was a little older I'd offer my Marlin 1895 45-70.

• Like 1

That's a nice offer. I just found a 45-70 laying in the closet of some family members home. Needles to say I took it home. I might have Southernexpress look at it for some kind of muzzle brake. It's a Post 1873 springfeild trapdoor I beleive.

I had never been to Raymond’s ranch until I drew an archery antelope tag last year and spend many weekend and 10days hunting. 

I would love to help on a buff hunt up there. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Vowell said:

That's a nice offer. I just found a 45-70 laying in the closet of some family members home. Needles to say I took it home. I might have Southernexpress look at it for some kind of muzzle brake. It's a Post 1873 springfeild trapdoor I beleive.

Please don't do that. LOL

• Haha 1