Sign in to follow this  
HuntHarder

Snowpack

With all these Northern storms we have been seeing, I decided to check out our snow pack.  So far it looks promising.  A little localized, but atleast it's good levels.  Let's hope it keeps up and some of our lakes fill up.  I would imagine Powell should get a pretty good bump too considering most of the area north of it is above 150% of typical snow pack at this time.

https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/data/water/wcs/gis/maps/west_swepctnormal_update.pdf

Hope I am reading that right.  If anyone has another resource, please post it up.

• Like 4

For sure, it's encouraging!  Really hope the trend continues through the winter and into early spring.  (My quail area is already greening-up a bit, but those Gambels could use a good March/April bump to go into 'triple hatch' territory... ;) )

Fingers crossed for lake Powell.  It is GREATLY dependent on the snowpack on the Western Slope of the Rockies.  Really hoping for increased snow in western Colorado to slow the bleeding at Powell and Mead. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

11BD3983-D33A-4880-8333-15F1A3944948.thumb.jpeg.87947e9327f881b32521547f5c7c991f.jpegOne more just for fun! 
A warmer evening in Gunnison 🙃

Thats not considering  wind chill. There is another storm coming this weekend.