Sign in to follow this  
TR0UBLE SH00TER

Are this year's elk and deer hunt dates going to conflict now?

I was thinking of applying for a antler-less elk hunt on 10/20 - 10/26, but I don't want to miss

my deer hunt in a different unit that is from 10/21 - 10/30ish.

Can anyone tell me if they will move the conflicting deer hunts or will they stay the same? 

Or what's the normal procedure when they have moved the weeks of the elk hunts.

Thank you in advance.

35 minutes ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

I was thinking of applying for a antler-less elk hunt on 10/20 - 10/26, but I don't want to miss

my deer hunt in a different unit that is from 10/21 - 10/30ish.

Can anyone tell me if they will move the conflicting deer hunts or will they stay the same? 

Or what's the normal procedure when they have moved the weeks of the elk hunts.

Thank you in advance.

It is what it is. Choose Wisely Grasshopper.

• Like 2

Are they set?

I would think they would push the deer hunts back a week like they did the elk hunts

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Man this whole hunts bumping back a week is really jacking with people. Every 5-6 years all hunts get bumped back a week. Has always happened and will continue to happen. If it didn't you'd eventually be having archery elk hunts in July and rifle deer hunts in September. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Eli said:

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/AZ-Hunt-Guidelines-for-Fall-2023-through-Spring-2028-Seasons.pdf

Check starting on page 7. Hunts start on a specific week of the year (ie week one, two, three) and not a specific date. 

Yes. That's what I meant.  The dates are set already based on the week of the year.  If the hunt lands on the OP's elk hunt,  he's outta luck.

17 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

Yes. That's what I meant.  The dates are set already based on the week of the year.  If the hunt lands on the OP's elk hunt,  he's outta luck.

They won't because all those deer hunts that started on thr 21st last year will now start on the 27th.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coues247 said:

They won't because all those deer hunts that started on thr 21st last year will now start on the 27th.

OK,

Thank you guys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eli said:

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/AZ-Hunt-Guidelines-for-Fall-2023-through-Spring-2028-Seasons.pdf

Check starting on page 7. Hunts start on a specific week of the year (ie week one, two, three) and not a specific date. 

Thank you

• Like 1