Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Outdoorsman Carbon Tripod

21 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I’ve packed an Outdoorsman tripod around all over the place for like 22 years and it still works like it did when new. They build a solid product and I don’t think they’ll have any problem selling them

How many do you suppose they make to sell? I was thinking like 6

• Hunter Resistant: Hot? Cold? Hit it with a sledgehammer? Good luck breaking it.
  • I'll take that challenge with my 20 pounder 😂

36 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

How many do you suppose they make to sell? I was thinking like 6

Yeah who knows? Will be interesting to see how they sell considering that’s just the tripod and no head but like someone else said they will sell just because “Outdoorsman” is stamped on them. 

🤔🤔

the carbon compact is 1 oz lighter than the aluminum compact that I have been beating on for 10 years.

I think I’ll just keep what I have. 

• Like 2

The Outdoorsman must all be liberal democrats because they are just like them….scamming America.
I bought a SLIK cf 634 carbon fiber tripod a year ago for like $185 and it is a great light weight tripod. I wonder what I’m missing out on with the $1200 I saved. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joe hunter said:

The Outdoorsman must all be liberal democrats because they are just like them….scamming America.
I bought a SLIK cf 634 carbon fiber tripod a year ago for like $185 and it is a great light weight tripod. I wonder what I’m missing out on with the $1200 I saved. 

They must have had to up their prices to pay the rent for that ridiculously large building they have in fountain hills lol

Their products are great, but that is ridiculous for a tripod. I stopped going there a while back as I got sick of the pretentious and arrogant attitude they have with their customers. Last time I was there I felt like I was inconveniencing them for asking questions.

I have always applied the 60/40 rule on  consumer items.  60 percent materials and 40 on labor. 

840 in materials and 560 in labor doesn’t add up imho

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I have always applied the 60/40 rule on  consumer items.  60 percent materials and 40 on labor. 

840 in materials and 560 in labor doesn’t add up imho

It’s possible that the margins from a percentage standpoint are similar between this tripod and a slik considering a slik is probably put together for about $4 by a Thai laborer

• Like 1