Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Wyoming

$2000 for an elk tag. 
$1200 for deer. 

look for many other states to follow their lead. 

75B9F301-030F-426B-9259-684B2DBC4681.jpeg

If that is non-res prices, I am good with it.  You SHOULD have to pay a premium to hunt out of state.  If those are resident prices, that sucks.  I do think AGFD is severely underfunded and also there is a lot of pork that could be trimmed to help them with their budget.  Recruiting quality Game managers is tough with the salary they make and the schooling required.  We could easily use double the fish cops we have right now and you still would rarely get checked in the field.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dsotm said:

AZGFD isn't underfunded. Like any other government entity it's woefully mismanaged.

Any examples you know of?  Not that I don't suspect they could trim some fat,  just curious if you have some insight we do not.  

Wyoming not only bends you over for with a $1200 deer tag they tell NR they can’t hunt on Wilderness land which is controlled by the federal govt. yet you can fish, camp, hike etc without a guide. 

• Like 1

Guide requirements suck.  You should be able to sign a waiver or have rescue insurance if that's what they are really worried about.  Me thinks it's more of a way to keep guide industry propped up in those states

3 hours ago, 654321 said:

Could be wrong but SF060 failed to pass for now.

Good. Thank you. 

On 1/13/2023 at 10:54 AM, HuntHarder said:

Any examples you know of?  Not that I don't suspect they could trim some fat,  just curious if you have some insight we do not.  

Of course he doesn’t.   It’s just the normal comment.   There is always a little misspending but tell me how many fishing licenses they have to sell just to fill one truck with gas?   Three or four?   For not getting general tax money I have no idea how they make ends meet.  Then talk about 50k trucks. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 7:43 PM, Northern Pintail said:

Of course he doesn’t.   It’s just the normal comment.   There is always a little misspending but tell me how many fishing licenses they have to sell just to fill one truck with gas?   Three or four?   For not getting general tax money I have no idea how they make ends meet.  Then talk about 50k trucks. 

The WY prices increases do seem steep IMO!

Maybe AZGFD doesn't get general AZ tax money, but Pittman Robertson is general federal funding IMO, along with federal grants some years, they do have multiple sources of income...it may not be enough, but I'm just saying...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZcoues_addict said:

Maybe AZGFD doesn't get general AZ tax money, but Pittman Robertson is general federal funding IMO, along with federal grants some years, they do have multiple sources of income...it may not be enough, but I'm just saying...

Also, they receive a generous portion of the heritage fund - which is based on all the lottery tickets sold each year.

• Like 1

This tag price increase looks like it's just for the special draw? Will be curious to see if this would better odds in the special and worsen the regular.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:43 PM, Northern Pintail said:

Non resident licenses could fill tanks real quick. No over head for a license  and many NRs won't see tags for Years. Easiset money out there.Combine that with point guard and never refunding money for tags not used. And likely using unused tags towards a raffle. You are talking serious cash

On 1/25/2023 at 10:56 AM, AZcoues_addict said:

PR funds do not go to salaries.  PR funds can only be used for on the ground projects.  A quick google search says they can only be used for program administration, recruitment, hunter Ed, and wildlife restoration projects.