Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

54 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

We’ll likely never see another dam constructed with the stranglehold the envirotards have on this country

I agree with this fully . The foresight and future vision of some of those old projects has been lacking of late

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

We’ll likely never see another dam constructed with the stranglehold the envirotards have on this country

Your wrong on this topic!

Ongoing  plans to build a new dam on verde below bartlette.  

https://www.abc15.com/weather/impact-earth/plan-to-raise-bartlett-dam-could-bring-billions-of-gallons-of-water-to-the-valley

14 hours ago, Edge said:

I always laughed when I saw that sign. I think it's posted on the old bridge before they built that ghastly roundabout?

Plus the other 2 with five more going on 93. Giving cochino valley and crotchnwood a run for their money with these things.

Yep, i heard about it in a meeting a couple months ago. SRP is raising the bartlett dam a lot and Horseshoe lake will basically be a sediment trap. They also plan on damming a another spot near the salt river lakes and basically creating a new lake somewhere above canyon/apache lake. Arizona is the last state to “sign on” to the Colorado River water “lease” so we will be the first state that gets kicked off when the flow gets to a certain low point. SRP is trying to come up with solutions to supply water to AZ independently. Apparently thr salt and Verde supply enough water, we just don’t have the ability to hold it so we just blow it through the dams and more or less waste it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Yep, i heard about it in a meeting a couple months ago. SRP is raising the bartlett dam a lot and Horseshoe lake will basically be a sediment trap. They also plan on damming a another spot near the salt river lakes and basically creating a new lake somewhere above canyon/apache lake. Arizona is the last state to “sign on” to the Colorado River water “lease” so we will be the first state that gets kicked off when the flow gets to a certain low point. SRP is trying to come up with solutions to supply water to AZ independently. Apparently thr salt and Verde supply enough water, we just don’t have the ability to hold it so we just blow it through the dams and more or less waste it. 

Makes Sense.

2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

above canyon/apache lake

Um, isn’t that now called Roosevelt Lake?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Reliable source stated new dam down stream. Aprox 100+ ft. higher than old dam. Kinda like they did at lake pleasant.

Water could backup to Horseshoe when water level has reached its highest . 

Most likely a lot of us ole timers probably won't see it finished, or get a chance to fish it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Reliable source stated new dam down stream. Aprox 100+ ft. higher than old dam. Kinda like they did at lake pleasant.

Water could backup to Horseshoe when water level has reached its highest . 

Most likely a lot of us ole timers probably won't see it finished, or get a chance to fish it. 

Immediately downstream, accurate source.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

They also plan on damming a another spot near the salt river lakes and basically creating a new lake somewhere above canyon/apache lake.

Also accurate but the word "lake" may be a bit deceiving regarding size and purpose. This one is for the MWs.

12 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Um, isn’t that now called Roosevelt Lake?

The new power-generating pumped storage project is unnamed at the moment. It is very much in the feasibilty stages of planning.

• Like 2