Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

On 3/1/2023 at 1:34 PM, PRDATR said:

Well I guess it's a good thing that they are clearing out all the undergrowth in the river bottom below Tempe Town Lake.

I pass there every day for work.  I was wondering what they were doing, but then thought maybe they were clearing it out to get the homeless out of there.  

2 hours ago, phillyphan said:

I pass there every day for work.  I was wondering what they were doing, but then thought maybe they were clearing it out to get the homeless out of there.  

They/Somebody had been maintaining it after TTL was built but it has been neglected for years and years.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Imagine seeing that from the donner party POV

yeah........I have bloodline that came through with the Willie Handcart company and while not exactly the same..................heaven forbid.............crazy

Holly snow.. California start building them Damm Damms now..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Holly snow.. California start building them Damm Damms now..

I read somewhere, but can’t find it. Anyways, it said they finally approved a new reservoir and the storage capacity is massive. 

The greenies really mess things up by stalling and filing lawsuits to prevent water storage projects to move forward. More than enough precipitation falls in California. If they had the storage, they’d never run out of water and wouldn’t need their allocation from the Colorado River. 

Glad Arizona’s early leaders had the foresight to build the dams they did. The Colorado River compact certainly helps, but no way Phoenix would be what it is today without the SRP lakes. 

• Like 8

Love this! However, I’m headed to Alamo in a week for a week and not really thinking the bite will be any good. Oh well the kids will be off their electronics and I’m pretty sure they would choose the lake over a theme park any day of the week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

yep, the northland is looking white this winter.  Flagstaff has its #2 highest amount on record through March 1

snowfall 2023 .jpg

North Rim is impressive. Imagine having the first Spring bison hunt. No way they’ll have that road cleared in time. 

1 hour ago, Coffeeman said:

Love this! However, I’m headed to Alamo in a week for a week and not really thinking the bite will be any good. Oh well the kids will be off their electronics and I’m pretty sure they would choose the lake over a theme park any day of the week.

Gettin skunked builds character. Have fun.

1 hour ago, Newbie2012 said:

North Rim is impressive. Imagine having the first Spring bison hunt. No way they’ll have that road cleared in time. 

snowmobile. Even more adventure

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coffeeman said:

Maybe it will be on.