Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

Haha we have a week and it’s supposed to be pretty stable weather for the next two weeks. Worst case I’ll just dropshot up towards the dam… kinda hate that option but we’ll do what we have to 

2 hours ago, Coffeeman said:

Love this! However, I’m headed to Alamo in a week for a week and not really thinking the bite will be any good. Oh well the kids will be off their electronics and I’m pretty sure they would choose the lake over a theme park any day of the week.

You’re going to have great weather and hopefully they surprise you! One year about 25 years ago in February between El Niño storms we were surprised by a great spinnerbait bite for like 3 days. Kind of a medium retrieve in 6-8’ of water. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Coffeeman said:

Worst case I’ll just dropshot up towards the dam… kinda hate that option but we’ll do what we have to 

Just go home if it comes to that 

5 hours ago, Coffeeman said:

Love this! However, I’m headed to Alamo in a week for a week and not really thinking the bite will be any good. Oh well the kids will be off their electronics and I’m pretty sure they would choose the lake over a theme park any day of the week.

I will be there all

week.  Fishing will be good

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:48 PM, Newbie2012 said:

I read somewhere, but can’t find it. Anyways, it said they finally approved a new reservoir and the storage capacity is massive. 

The greenies really mess things up by stalling and filing lawsuits to prevent water storage projects to move forward. More than enough precipitation falls in California. If they had the storage, they’d never run out of water and wouldn’t need their allocation from the Colorado River. 

Glad Arizona’s early leaders had the foresight to build the dams they did. The Colorado River compact certainly helps, but no way Phoenix would be what it is today without the SRP lakes. 

I have a friend thats on one of the water district boards, and he said California was taking double its share from the Colorado for the last 10 years. Hopefully they start to change their ways and build some reservoirs. 

The CAP contract is about to hit its end in 2030. Cities that rely on its water better start thinking of contingency plans.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Crossed salt river on Gilbert Friday no water, coming home today water was running...........................

The Verde was running pretty good too when I drove over it on 87 yesterday.

• Like 1

Technology has changed but after that last storm, all indications lead to 2023 being the wettest/best snowpack on the Verde watershed since 1993, which was and will always be a historic year. The Salt watershed is around the 90th percentile. 

It looks like in Mesa the temps will be in the low to upper 80's starting in a few days so we can expect more runoff too. I'm not ready yet for upper 80's.

23 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

Technology has changed but after that last storm, all indications lead to 2023 being the wettest/best snowpack on the Verde watershed since 1993, which was and will always be a historic year. The Salt watershed is around the 90th percentile. 

• Like 10