Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

17 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Cole getting an education in Crested Butte 😂

Great trickle effect for Blue Mesa and everything on down the hil!

ACC5E56B-556D-4CB9-A797-057E1C0F5031.thumb.jpeg.dcf343833fbdf360796c4c29658ed813.jpeg0D3BC337-B331-43B6-85BF-EB53EB9D57D8.thumb.jpeg.6d22d87427af75fb2137313f04dccbf4.jpeg92D2B20F-169E-48FA-8DFD-C723182C8F2F.thumb.jpeg.d6e2ecf9bf517eb7bdfd3e030a5e1d6d.jpeg

Dang, when I was a punk kid I thought snow removal at the landscape company I worked for back in PA was brutal during blizzards but that takes the cake! I never had to shovel more then 6', that's character building right there!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Quick math on the exchange plus the new storm, my guess is 6-7 days maximum. Probably more like 5-6 days of this storm stays healthy. 

Probably right Brian. It was at 83% on March 1st. It hasn't been close to being this full since 2020.

For you guys who know more about fishing than I do.  How long will we have to wait until a reasonable chance at catching bass or crappie at Roosevelt or Alamo?  Any advice for us casual fishermen is greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, knothead said:

For you guys who know more about fishing than I do.  How long will we have to wait until a reasonable chance at catching bass or crappie at Roosevelt or Alamo?  Any advice for us casual fishermen is greatly appreciated.

I know they are catching bass now from the few pictures I have seen posted. Not sure about crappie yet. I know that someone posted a couple of days ago that they were seeing them on their fish finder but they weren't interested in biting.

Lots of data points scattered about the SRP watersheds but at the end of the day it's somewhat of a crap shoot trying to balance safety vs a 100% full reservoir.  Apparently there is still a substantial amount of snowpack yet to melt, SRP currently releasing 10,400 cfs from Bartlett and 1,270 cfs from Stewart Mtn.  SRP hydrologists are earning their keep this spring.

• Like 2

Has Colorado mentioned anything about winter kill concerns for deer?

I was ready to go this year for deer but if it keeps snowing I might wait.

13 minutes ago, JSR said:

Has Colorado mentioned anything about winter kill concerns for deer?

I was ready to go this year for deer but if it keeps snowing I might wait.

Colorado’s healthy snowpack promises to offer some relief for strained water supplies – The Chronicle-News

Winter taking heavy wildlife toll in northwest Colorado | News | gjsentinel.com

Depends on region.  Looks like the Western Slope is getting impacted.....

S.

3 hours ago, knothead said:

Now for bass at Alamo as they are bloody and on beds, and a week or two for Crappie is just my guess.  Between the weather and if they really hit the 1125 level for this flush/lowering, 17' lower than current level, this could be one of those years where the spawn comes and goes without anyone even noticing that it happened.

• Like 1

It's been raining pretty hard all day in Show Low.  Looks like a blizzard on the Sunrise camera.  They close after this weekend.  Kinda lame if you ask me, crap load of snow up there and getting more, doesn't make sense.  I bet there are a bunch of dbacks swimming in Rosey lol.  The water is fantastic but is sure messes up spring fishing.    

• Like 1