Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

Been snowing all day here in Flagstaff. Started last night and hasn’t let up. Wet, heavy snow! Or as they say heart attack snow!  

Things are starting to get Western south of the Rim with the rivers and streams. Stay safe down there! 

• Like 1

Went down to tonto basin today to look at generator job and the tonto is fricking roaring, so my guess next couple of days, every wash is running hard up here. Feels like the storm and flow from 1991 but only one day of rain. Stay safe and don't even try crossing anything with this storm. Solid steady none stop down poor up here since last night and they say an inch to come. Roofers will be busy

• Like 2

Roosevelt could fill up in 2 days, by the sound of tonto creek right now.  When you can hear the boulders crashing that creek is roaring.   

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

7 minutes ago, runningbird said:

Roosevelt could fill up in 2 days, by the sound of tonto creek right now.  When you can hear the boulders crashing that creek is roaring.   

Right. Getting up date from friends all over up here, not good, homes are getting flooded out. I'm on top of a hill, but people in the low spots are screwed. 

Bear flats, flooding

Beaver valley

Whispering pines

Houston creek

Tonto creek

Christopher creek

Horton creek

Hagler creek 

And every dry wash. Crazy but awesome. Time to build some more lakes, Doll Baby lake would be cool. One up by Camp Verdie and many more to catch water from rainy years like this. And more fishing because you can't steal a tag anymore.. Stay safe please. Turn around don't flout the fxxk away..

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Right. Getting up date from friends all over up here, not good, homes are getting flooded out. I'm on top of a hill, but people in the low spots are screwed. 

Bear flats, flooding

Beaver valley

Whispering pines

Houston creek

Tonto creek

Christopher creek

Horton creek

Hagler creek 

And every dry wash. Crazy but awesome. Time to build some more lakes, Doll Baby lake would be cool. One up by Camp Verdie and many more to catch water from rainy years like this. And more fishing because you can't steal a tag anymore.. Stay safe please. Turn around don't flout the fxxk away..

I own property in Bear Flats. The creek crossings become unpassable for short periods of storm runoff, BUT, no stuctures are anywhere near being flooded. Whoever reported that is nuts.

• Thanks 1

Didn't say there was home flooding there, crossing is up 6ft, per my friend who lives there, maybe it sounded a little like it sorry, and yes I am nuts. 😁

ROOSEVELT LAKE 98% FULL , 2 foot remaining elevation . Would this be two foot till it hits spillway ?

• Wow! 1

46 minutes ago, dtower said:

ROOSEVELT LAKE 98% FULL , 2 foot remaining elevation . Would this be two foot till it hits spillway ?

It’s been 105% or so before 

it will fill today, then be over 100% soon.  The salt is usually a day or so behind tonto creek, so it is just beginning to rise.  

Here at my place I checked one of my wells yesterday.  Water was 4' below the surface. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Didn't say there was home flooding there, crossing is up 6ft, per my friend who lives there, maybe it sounded a little like it sorry, and yes I am nuts. 😁

Just now: Water rescue at Bear Flats...no details as yet. Hellsgate responding w/ Payson Special Response Team 6-wheel drive.
Attempting to cross Thompson Draw flooded wash.
  • Sad 1