Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

Is that anywhere near where it needs to be? I know I could look it up, I just don't know off the top of my head how far down it is...

5 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Is that anywhere near where it needs to be? I know I could look it up, I just don't know off the top of my head how far down it is...

For 100% full? Not even close 

14 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

http://www.water-data.com/

Cool site for Colorado river/lake info.

Yep, good data.

Gives perspective when you look at the historical view.  20 feet higher than this date last year, but still >60 feet lower than just 5 or 6 years ago.

The Colorado river basin snowpack data is also pretty telling.  Seems like majority has melted. 

22 minutes ago, stanley said:

Yep, good data.

Gives perspective when you look at the historical view.  20 feet higher than this date last year, but still >60 feet lower than just 5 or 6 years ago.

The Colorado river basin snowpack data is also pretty telling.  Seems like majority has melted. 

I think it will hit 3600 or more this year. 

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

For 100% full? Not even close 

Right but when was the last time it was 100%? I guess what I’m wondering is how good 40-60ft is in the big picture. 

7 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Right but when was the last time it was 100%? I guess what I’m wondering is how good 40-60ft is in the big picture. 

How could it be bad? 

43 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I heard on the news that last time Powell was 100% full was 1981.

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

A lot of projections for Powell this year are around a 70’ rise.  If it did rise 70’ it would still be under 50% of full capacity.   I  believe it would be somewhere around 46% of capacity.  Although still far from full 70’ rise would be huge!   Full capacity is 3700’ elevation and right now it’s below 3550’ still a believe. 

• Like 1

typically Powel keeps filling until mid October.  But it will depend on how much they decide to release into lake mead. 

I'm headed to Utah next week. will be interesting to see what the the snow looks like this late.  There temps around north SLC  have been exactly the same has mine here in Gisela.

On 5/24/2023 at 6:42 PM, trphyhntr said:

I think it will hit 3600 or more this year. 

I guess I've just been beaten into a generally pessimistic viewpoint on water over the years.

That being said, look at that sucker fill!!!   Basically 1 1/2 feet per day, lately and going strong!  Hope it can keep that pace for a while.

One of my Utah connections is tickled that he can launch at Bullfrog.

• Like 1

I was turkey hunting in 1 with my son and stopped by Carnero. It's been a mud hole for years. Not anymore. This photo is to the right of the parking lot. 

20230520_160509.jpg

• Like 9

On 5/27/2023 at 11:56 AM, PRDATR said:

How is Sunrise lake? It's been low and lower for years. Any water at all in Dry Lake?

They all look full to me.