Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Pine Box -$950

3 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Brand new never been used!!!

Beautiful work for a simple last wish. Maybe a dumb question but is any sort of finishing normally done on the inside? Wife’s family in the funeral business so all I’ve seen are fancier boxes…

19 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Beautiful work for a simple last wish. Maybe a dumb question but is any sort of finishing normally done on the inside? Wife’s family in the funeral business so all I’ve seen are fancier boxes…

Simple answer is no finish work on the outside or inside. If people want the inside lined they can line it but the idea is the simple/different.

Long answer goes like this...............................

I grew up with the mortician that is located down in Benson and because I have kinfolk down in the St. David area he has seen a couple of my projects.

IMG_4150.thumb.JPG.8b56f678bd83e393511dabe3aef4986e.JPG

IMG_8305.thumb.jpg.c2b52498f84942be5131d68240eecf21.jpg

IMG_7284.thumb.JPG.8eddf2b11fda9ccb3aa11139966a83d1.JPG

Then one day, his dad who coached for forever down in Animas passed away and he called me to make his Dad's casket. We built that one out of old bleacher material his dad had salvaged from the old gym in Animas.

IMG_7387.thumb.jpg.ee2ef7c89faa5bbbba3a13be4af03a96.jpg

Then about two months ago he calls me up and says...............I have an old cowboy down here that wants a pine box to bury his son in, I need it by Monday..........and this was Saturday evening about 9:00pm.

So began the unfinished pine box......................................

He then decided he wanted one for his display room.....

Resized_20221103_132134_192397817337021.thumb.JPEG.40d356323debd70963a9a37cc128733d.JPEG

• Like 8

Very nice, those would work just fine for me. Hopefully it’s a ways down the road though. Top picture looks like Safford cemetery?

• Like 1

"When I die, I want you to sprinkle my ashes over the 1980's".  

David Lee Roth

😀