King12

Kifaru Hoodlum vs 44 Mag

Looking to get my first kifaru system. Not sure what bag to go with. I mainly only hunt the desert and only need a day pack. BUT I would like to get something bigger to allow me to pack out animals/ eventually do high country mule deer hunts. 

The pack you describe does not exist. You can have a day pack or a Multi day pack, or a pack that is piss poor at both. 

Well my goal is I’m eventually going to get the 22 mag for day hunts. But for now I kind of want an overall big pack that I can make work for a day trip 

I do Stryker xl with a dry bag if I need extra days.  I currently own 6 diff. Kifaru bags, but the Stryker is my favorite set up right now.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bonecollector said:

I have a 22 mag Im thinking of selling the whole pack.

Why are you thinking of selling? DM me if you do I may be interested 

Another for the Stryker XL. With the Sherman pocket works great for day trips . like HuntHarder said you can always add the the dry sack or camp bag for extra equipment .

FF06F786-8048-44A2-A527-28405E997054.jpeg

A9E90F79-B341-4169-A064-0FE040F4AEF6.jpeg

The Stryker xl is definitely catching my eye now. There’s just so many options haha. 
How compressible is the hoodlum or 44 mag with not much gear in it? Or is it a floppy mess?

22 minutes ago, King12 said:

The Stryker xl is definitely catching my eye now. There’s just so many options haha. 
How compressible is the hoodlum or 44 mag with not much gear in it? Or is it a floppy mess?

with the strap systems kifaru has Im sure most of their packs can be compressed down .

I’ve got both bags. I really like the Hoodlum but its noticeably wider than my 44 mag and sticks out a decent amount past the frame which drives me nuts. If you use the side pockets for a spotter and tripod it’s better for multi day trips due to its width. The 44 mag is a better day pack but smaller and heavier than the Hoodlum. I’d go 44 mag if I was buying something to do multi day trips  and a day pack.