Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Ex NFL Player Takes an Archery Mt Lion.

That's a terribly written opening sentence.  The way it's written makes it appear that the lion was actually terrorizing the town with a bow and arrow! lol

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Newbie2012 said:

That's a terribly written opening sentence.  The way it's written makes it appear that the lion was actually terrorizing the town with a bow and arrow! lol

I know what you mean. I sometimes find myself restructuring sentences in emails or documents when I am at work to make them more readable. I'm ok when it comes to grammar 90% of the time and I'm sure that there is probably some proper literary term for sentence composition.

Sometimes I think writers get paid by the word.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I know what you mean. I sometimes find myself restructuring sentences in emails or documents when I am at work to make them more readable. I'm ok when it comes to grammar 90% of the time and I'm sure that there is probably some proper literary term for sentence composition.

Sometimes I think writers get paid by the word.

Yeah, I’m far from an expert. Hated school. And definitely could care less on grammar. Haha.

However, misplaced modifiers in a sentence are pretty obvious and should have been caught by the editor. Leaving  out “with a bow an arrow” would have been better.  Just add the weapon choice in the story. 

How about the use of the word “succumb”?  If he had succumbed to exhaustion and dehydration as written, wouldn’t he have been done at that point?

I also find it ridiculous he never mentions they used dogs to catch and kill it and instead makes it sound like he just took off up Mt everest until he found his prey and slayed the beast. 

1 hour ago, Coues247 said:

I also find it ridiculous he never mentions they used dogs to catch and kill it and instead makes it sound like he just took off up Mt everest until he found his prey and slayed the beast. 

I noticed that as well haha.

With society the way it is better not to mention that dogs were used even though they deserve a good amount of recognition for killing bit lion. 

5 hours ago, coueswt said:

With society the way it is better not to mention that dogs were used even though they deserve a good amount of recognition for killing bit lion. 

They deserve 99% of the recognition for killing that lion. Why be ashamed of how you hunt? He wasn't ashamed of trying to get the attention on himself for killing the viscious neighborhood man eater that probably ate atleast 12 babies that day. 

• Like 1

Crazy how much of a big deal they are making of this! 

That is the first I have heard of a Wolfe killing a lion... 

• Like 1