Sign in to follow this  
Fernando23

New Javi hunter in unit 21

New javelina hunter. Got drawn for unit 21 and been out a few times scouting but no luck.  Have glassed up some decent coues deer but having a hard time finding and glassing up javelina.  Any tips on what type of environment they live in or how to glass them up?

They’re all over the unit from my understanding, I’ve never had a tag for there tho as that’s not my regular pig unit. Out predator calling a couple weeks ago my brother and I saw a few herds up on the Aqua fria monument. We bumped a couple groups while just trekking the desert between bishop creek and silver creek. Also saw some down in the low rocky desert right off the bloody basin road closer to the I-17. If it was deer or elk I wouldn’t give you this much description but I don’t think anyone gets too jealous or petty over their Javelina honey holes. Hope I didn’t offend anyone. If you get one be sure to post up pics and good luck 

if the place is not burned up hunt the canyon across from Sunset point rest stop on I-17 go to power lines and start glassing they come out of the canyon and feed up on top in the tall grass and bed down in the canyon good luck.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:32 PM, 125coues said:

if the place is not burned up hunt the canyon across from Sunset point rest stop on I-17 go to power lines and start glassing they come out of the canyon and feed up on top in the tall grass and bed down in the canyon good luck.

Ill check it out!

8 hours ago, Fernando23 said:

Ill check it out!

Yeah that area is the easiest to spot them. Those canyons always have pigs in them. Other spot that's good is horseshoe lake.