UggRedBilly

Muzzleloader information for beginners

3 hours ago, Bucks N Bulls said:

I have had a tc for years and it has been great. This year i bought the cva paramount htr in 40 cal. I really like it alot. Groups well and is fast and accurate. I have shot it out to 500 yards. It is proven to shoot further but my max is 500 even with my rifles. I use triple 7 and pyrodex ellets both in my tc and This one i only use blackhorn and very happy with it. 

I was looking at those a lot too. After doing all the math for getting gear with a new muzzy it seems a little expensive for me now. I'll still probably go with the cva optima first just to learn and do a few hunts. But then if I feel it nessesary after a few times I'll make the switch the the Paramount or whenever seems to be better at that time frame!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UggRedBilly said:

I was looking at those a lot too. After doing all the math for getting gear with a new muzzy it seems a little expensive for me now. I'll still probably go with the cva optima first just to learn and do a few hunts. But then if I feel it nessesary after a few times I'll make the switch the the Paramount or whenever seems to be better at that time frame!

If you want a great midrange gun I have mine that I am going to sell since switching to CVA paramount. 

Traditions strike fire with Cabelas slug master scope. Shoots really well to 200 yards and has 3 az bulls under its belt. Paid $500 for gun and scope. Will sell for $350

DDFFB4DE-D8EE-44B8-99B0-07C11DB6E8E6.thumb.jpeg.cc0b56d0eab1d909047f230d47fca2b8.jpeg

98541EFA-8B2E-4D85-9AE0-A0C9045D0355.thumb.jpeg.6b2a7645101beb3566cccc4ac36f3c4a.jpeg20765FB7-F1E9-468F-B165-FC4E5FC6E8EA.thumb.jpeg.26e3db83f804e0164a95fbd985c54cfd.jpeg21948C1F-DEB1-4697-87F0-A7D84A398E7F.thumb.jpeg.0175e83823dbd884b8a64a9abd7a816e.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Markleo21377 said:

If you want a great midrange gun I have mine that I am going to sell since switching to CVA paramount. 

Traditions strike fire with Cabelas slug master scope. Shoots really well to 200 yards and has 3 az bulls under its belt. Paid $500 for gun and scope. Will sell for $350

DDFFB4DE-D8EE-44B8-99B0-07C11DB6E8E6.thumb.jpeg.cc0b56d0eab1d909047f230d47fca2b8.jpeg

98541EFA-8B2E-4D85-9AE0-A0C9045D0355.thumb.jpeg.6b2a7645101beb3566cccc4ac36f3c4a.jpeg20765FB7-F1E9-468F-B165-FC4E5FC6E8EA.thumb.jpeg.26e3db83f804e0164a95fbd985c54cfd.jpeg21948C1F-DEB1-4697-87F0-A7D84A398E7F.thumb.jpeg.0175e83823dbd884b8a64a9abd7a816e.jpeg

Wow! I'll have to take you up on that. I am bout to post my 7 mag and probably ruger 10/22 on classifids so I can buy a muzzy. Unless you wanna trade of course. But once I get the cash I'll be sure to send a PM! Thank you for the offer

31 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Wow! I'll have to take you up on that. I am bout to post my 7 mag and probably ruger 10/22 on classifids so I can buy a muzzy. Unless you wanna trade of course. But once I get the cash I'll be sure to send a PM! Thank you for the offer

Not interested in any trades but send me a PM when you are ready. I’m not in a hurry.

thx,Mark

Just now, Markleo21377 said:

Not interested in any trades but send me a PM when you are ready. I’m not in a hurry.

thx,Mark

People are buying my stuff today it looks like. Imma spend the night doing some research on the gun since I haven't heard of it. I'll get back to ya via PM tomorrow. Thank you

8 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

People are buying my stuff today it looks like. Imma spend the night doing some research on the gun since I haven't heard of it. I'll get back to ya via PM tomorrow. Thank you

Traditions Vortex Strikefire is exact make and model

5 hours ago, Bucks N Bulls said:

Who said anything about shooting a bull at 500 yards? I did shoot a deer with this at 450 and it was plenty. The 40 cal with a 125 gr is over 2700 ft per second. And yep i would certainly shoot a bull at 500 with my 7mm and my 300 mag. Get real dude! 

This is under elk hunting, dude! Title, muzzleloader information for beginners…. No one  was talking about a 7mm or 300 mag, dude! Pay attention.

26 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

This is under elk hunting, dude! Title, muzzleloader information for beginners…. No one  was talking about a 7mm or 300 mag, dude! Pay attention.

No one asked about shootin bulls at 500 yards either but you chimed in about nothing he asked about dude! Get a life life dude! So why don't you pay attn dude!

Per powerbelt the elr in 45 cal is designed  to work  out to 500 yds on game animals. I'm  currently  not sure what my gun is running  for speed to calculate  the drop and energy  out that far as a buddy is going  to use it for his up and coming  22 ham pig hunt .When he is done in a few weeks  and I get the gun back and can run it over the chronograph  I'll put up the speed and drop  and energy  that it gets out to 500 per the strelok app.

2 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Per powerbelt the elr in 45 cal is designed  to work  out to 500 yds on game animals. I'm  currently  not sure what my gun is running  for speed to calculate  the drop and energy  out that far as a buddy is going  to use it for his up and coming  22 ham pig hunt .When he is done in a few weeks  and I get the gun back and can run it over the chronograph  I'll put up the speed and drop  and energy  that it gets out to 500 per the strelok app.

That's freaking insane. What kinda groups do you get at 500? What do you look for in muzzy groups? Usually in rifle I'll try to keep groups within an inch every 100 yards. Would muzzy expectations be the same

My buddy was shooting 1 moa at a hundred yds .I've shot it to 2 hundred and it will hold just over moa. I want to run full bore bullets like the arrow head or pittman as they say the skirt on the powerbelt  has a negative  effect  on accuracy. That was the problem  with  some of the 45 cal optimas  and accura  models. The skirt had varying thickness  and would screw up the bullet flight.

• Like 1

I'm in gilbert and shoot at Rio Salado .My buddy will have my gun for a few weeks for his ham hunt .But when I do get it back I could meet you at the range and you could give it a try for yourself  it's an impressive  gun for what it is.

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

I'm in gilbert and shoot at Rio Salado .My buddy will have my gun for a few weeks for his ham hunt .But when I do get it back I could meet you at the range and you could give it a try for yourself  it's an impressive  gun for what it is.

I am in the Gilbert area as well. I plan on buying an optima because after all the gear it seems a but cheaper. But if possible I would like to learn from you when I do get everything I need. I can pay you as well too for your time