Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Pistol brace ruling

I know a """fictional character""" that had a FFL inspection recently and the agent said they could care less and were tired of hearing about it. HAHA I guess everyone has work issues.

So your boss says do it this way and you say ok boss, then go do it the right way. HAHA

Years ago when pistols where coming new, the brace was a round buffer tube with a neoprene wrap around it.  I wouldn't know if you take a brace off and leave the buffer tube exposed with its 6 or whatever positions you can choose on it and is that lega?

I wonder how I can self identify as a proper pistol based on my non bending, woke, gender outlaw, cisgender gender neutral and that I am ptsd due to society, that should allow me use of a pistol with brace now.

5 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Years ago when pistols where coming new, the brace was a round buffer tube with a neoprene wrap around it.  I wouldn't know if you take a brace off and leave the buffer tube exposed with its 6 or whatever positions you can choose on it and is that lega?

I wonder how I can self identify as a proper pistol based on my non bending, woke, gender outlaw, cisgender gender neutral and that I am ptsd due to society, that should allow me use of a pistol with brace now.

An AR with a buffer tube and a < 16” barrel is legal if it was listed on the 4473 as a pistol or receiver. Always has been legal that way. All that is already talked about in above posts. 

2 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

An AR with a buffer tube and a < 16” barrel is legal. Always has been. 

Thanks for clarity, good thing  I did a few SBRs long ago.

• Like 1

This might get expensive if this doesn't get hung up in legal challenges. 

On 2/12/2023 at 3:44 PM, CatfishKev said:

@Crazymonkey delete that!

I have to wonder what if you bought a lower from someone else? I gotta look at mine and see if its one I bought new or from a buddy.  Not surprised on the brace ruling honestly but these rules sure are ambiguous.

What stock is that on your cz scorpion? I just got approval on my form 1 and am looking at options. 

8 hours ago, matt said:

What stock is that on your cz scorpion? I just got approval on my form 1 and am looking at options. 

How long did it take?

On 2/25/2023 at 7:14 PM, Curtis Reed said:

An AR with a buffer tube and a < 16” barrel is legal if it was listed on the 4473 as a pistol or receiver. Always has been legal that way. All that is already talked about in above posts. 

Curtis Reed:  YOUR THOUGHTS???

On 4/15/2023 at 9:26 PM, matt said:

Sorry just saw this. It’s a Magpul Zhukov AK stock with a HB Industries folding adapter. 

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

Curtis Reed:  YOUR THOUGHTS???

Honestly I haven’t been keeping up with latest rulings or developments. I have no clue anymore. I don’t own a pistol brace so i stopped caring.  It changes monthly it seems. 

17 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Sorry just saw this. It’s a Magpul Zhukov AK stock with a HB Industries folding adapter. 

Can you put that on a scorpion legally now?