Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

Mini Heeler

1 hour ago, cjl2010 said:

Anybody breed or know of anyone that breeds mini Heelers?

I've got one. He came out of San Diego where he was 86'd for hating.  Wish I knew his breeders, would love another one. 

Good luck

• Like 2

So, what defines a “mini” healer? I’ve got a male we got from the shelter, whose a bit smaller than my neighbors, weighs in around 37 lbs depending on hair loss for the day.  

• Like 1

do mini heelers get?

11-15 inches

Mini Blue Heelers stand at 11-15 inches and weigh only 12-25 pounds. Standard Heelers are about double the size at 17-20 inches and 35-50 pounds.Jul 11, 2022
  • Like 1

I read up on it after posting. Not sure why anyone would want a smaller cattle dog? They’d be coyote bait at my place, I get nervous as it is for mine at his weight.  My neighbor’s weighs closer to 50 and is a yote fighting machine.   Mine thinks he’s that big..that’s the problem.

My heeler is about 45lbs. He isn’t made to be a coyote fighter and neither will any dog I get in the future. Mini heelers are pretty awesome. They are the same everything only smaller package.

I’m NOT saying  I want them to fight coyotes, , just not feed coyotes. My neighbors is crazy, will actually go after multiple animals and tear them up.  ACDs are great animals. Most loyal, bonding dog I’ve had and I have had labs for over 30 years.  However, they’re not for every one. Anyone considering one for the first time should do their homework for sure.  Seems to be a lot of owner surrenders at the ACD shelters. My knowledge has been expanded,knowing that there is a mini version out there. I guess it makes sense, as I see more and more minis of other popular breeds.  Good luck in your search.

• Thanks 1