Sign in to follow this  
SpotNStalk

Changing out the signs

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

More Chinese (AKA Redhead) junk.

You know that Cabelas has already been owned by Bass Pro for a few years now, right?  The change to Redhead junk occurred a long time ago.  This is just a matter of apparently deciding to stop supporting the two different store names.  It's not likely to change a single thing inside the store at this point.  That ship has sailed.

• Like 1

I haven't shopped at either store in years because they are garbage. 

2 years ago I went in to check out some camo for an upcoming trip. The only thing they had was Redhead trash or Sitka for baller money. Sorry, I can buy trash at walmart, and I am not paying for Sitka. 

Have something in the middle. 

• Like 1

Cabelas branded products were always far superior than Bass Pro's Redhead gear.

Alaknak, Bighorn, Alaskan Guide and Outback Lodge Tents. 

Microtex camo

Euro Optics (Meopta)

Not sure about it now though because I have not bought anything from either store in years. 

I used to look forward to getting my giant Cabela's catalog (decades ago). I bought just about all my hunting and fishing stuff from Cabela's. Great company, great customer service, awesome products and good prices. 

That ship sailed long ago. I haven't bought anything there in a long time. Everything I loved about it has reversed - I won't even go in there when I visit the valley.

On the other hand, I'm super glad the merger with Sportsman's fell through - at least they're still pretty good. If we had a Scheel's I'd definitely shop there - already do online.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Coach said:

I used to look forward to getting my giant Cabela's catalog (decades ago). I bought just about all my hunting and fishing stuff from Cabela's. Great company, great customer service, awesome products and good prices. 

That ship sailed long ago. I haven't bought anything there in a long time. Everything I loved about it has reversed - I won't even go in there when I visit the valley.

On the other hand, I'm super glad the merger with Sportsman's fell through - at least they're still pretty good. If we had a Scheel's I'd definitely shop there - already do online.

Surprisingly I got a huge Bass Pro catalog in the mail on Saturday. I went to the fishing section to look at reels and didn't see any of the high end Shimano reels like the Stella. 

50 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Surprisingly I got a huge Bass Pro catalog in the mail on Saturday. I went to the fishing section to look at reels and didn't see any of the high end Shimano reels like the Stella. 

Nuts

On 2/1/2023 at 12:49 PM, NOTAGS said:

Old Dick Cabela is probably rolling in his grave...

Right ... that place is garbage now 

On 2/1/2023 at 11:34 AM, Coach said:

If we had a Scheel's I'd definitely shop there - already do online.

You know they're opening one in Chandler in September, right (scheduled for 9/30/23)?

3065 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:26 PM, trphyhntr said:

What’s wrong with bass pro? Serious question 

Most of the merch they sell seems to be there garbage Redhead house brand chinese crap. The price of most things is more than other retailers selling the same stuff. You pay extra for the experience of shopping at the store. 

I would rather go to sportsmans warehouse and pay less for the same thing and have brands other than Redhead. 

I cannot wait for Scheels to open here in AZ. Scheels is better than both of them. 

• Like 1

I've almost completely stopped buying equipment from either store in the valley. The employees don't know jack about hunting and fishing and I feel that the quality of the products  are so poor but yet they charge you an arm and a leg. Sucks to see something I loved as a kid go. Been leaning towards Sportsman's more but probably will just end up buying online from direct to consumer companies.

• Like 1