COOSEFAN

Huntin' For "Sticks"!

Mass-o Muley- Great kiabab buck- those points are sticking straight up!

congrats- that would be worth waiting another year for coues. It's been an outstanding year for you guiding & HUNTING !

AzP&Y

Thanks for all the kind reply's guys! I'm still on cloud nine and can't believe it all worked out like i had dreamed!

The G4's were 15" on the left and 13" on the right, G2's were over 19" on the right and almost 19" on the left. G3's were 13 6/8" on right and 13 2/8" on left. Main beams were identical at 23 2/8" and he did only have 19" inside. The mass was 34 6/8" total also. I never thought he would score that high, i did feel that he would hit the 200" mark, but those extra tines put him up there, just has tons of measurement with all that length!

Here's some pics without that giant body attached!......and sportin' the colors too ;)

Kaibab1.jpg

Kaibab3.jpg

Kaibab4.jpg

Kaibab6.jpg

Kaibab5.jpg

A few more details to the hunt.....

It was neat that I got great cell phone reception while sittin' in my tent, so even though I was alone for that first week I bugged everyone on my cell phone list constantly! LOL! I was able to keep my close friends and family updated with cam pics and progress and they all got to be there on the emotional roller coaster with me....very cool! Thanks guys for not getting upset with me at all the "drunk-texting" late into the night, you all kept me company! :P

Also, one boring day up top I decided that with all the dang squirrels runnin' around, I needed to get the dust off my trigger finger! After cleaning that first squirrel I decided that was enough, i forgot how much they stink but I cleaned em' and took em' back for lunch. Here's the before and after cell phone pics....

Before

KKS5.jpg

After

1118081420.jpg

I just fried em' up and put the peices in with my Green chile stew.......it actually tasted just like it should..squirrel and green chiles.......I ended up eatin' as much as I could but eventually picked out the squirrel peices. I wouldn't reccomend this recipe :P

Awesome story and buck, Jim! Congratulations!

Way cool buck! Hearty congrats to you. Gotta like those extra tines that make him what he is. What did he age out at? Since he was so close to camp, did you get back and have tenderloins and eggs for breakfast?

From your trail cams, did you notice any particular time range that the deer tended to water? Any difference up high versus down int he lower country?

Doug~RR

Yeah, those extra tines definitely make him what he is, but I was in love with those G4's!!! G+F said 3-5 yrs old, but I would bet he had to be 5 or 6 going off his nose and ridglines on the skull, still not an old deer, maybe just gettin' into his prime.....would love to see him with another good year or two on him...maybe I should have held off? :ph34r: :P

It was nice to be close to camp, I promised the "Condor Ladies" that I would pack out the guts so getting him to camp whole with the use of the Rhino made that an easy chore........no eggs in camp though so we settled for brats on the grill.

The deer would come in at all times, no pattern, but the bucks were usually at night with the exception of the first pic of Sticks being late morning. I never got a single deer on cam up top.......maybe the fact that I had to pull ice out of the tank every day had something to do with that? :blink: There were deer up there though, just scattered and hittin' dirt tanks more than anything else. Trick tanks were definitely more productive down low as you would expect. JIM>