Sign in to follow this  
high rise hunter

Big Game Super Raffle changes

Did you guys recently get an email about the AZ Big Game Super raffle now being called Conservation First USA? Says you now must be present within the state of AZ to purchase raffle tickets. That seems like an odd change to make. I would think that will cut out a lot of people who normally purchase tickets thus a lot less funds generated.

Some states like Washington do not allow raffles and can sue and ask for a refund after its over. They could change it to a sweepstakes to cover for that but then they have to add no purchase necessary entries. I think by making it must be present in AZ when purchasing it allows them to keep it a raffle and avoid free entries and clears all legal problems that could arise.   

Well, I can’t afford three trips to AZ but thankfully I will be on vacation there to buy some deer and lion tickets. Sure seems like that will cut into the money raised by keeping us out of staters out of it. Yet one more advantage to being an AZ resident I guess. 

Do not understand breaking the ticket sales up into 3 separate periods at all. 

1 hour ago, Little Creek Calls said:

Some states like Washington do not allow raffles and can sue and ask for a refund after its over. They could change it to a sweepstakes to cover for that but then they have to add no purchase necessary entries. I think by making it must be present in AZ when purchasing it allows them to keep it a raffle and avoid free entries and clears all legal problems that could arise.   

It was ran as a raffle for years with no issues before the name change.  

There was a video on their fb page that said it was strictly because of laws regarding raffles and buying raffle tickets across state lines. I have a feeling they added that rule with no intention, or maybe not even the ability, to check and see if the tickets were purchased in AZ. But their butts will be covered. I like it due to the fact that it will help the odds of az residents drawing. 

• Like 2