Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Shipping container garage

This guy must be the king of container building.

Andrew Camarata Container building. A full blown castle from containers.

Neighbor has a shop, one side is the conex, the other side is stick built, roof is sloped to the rear.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 7:39 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

I’m seeing them between 3 and 6k depending on condition. I’m trying to find a good deal on 2-4 of them.

that's more than I would have thought. I think i'd stick build it or use one of those metal garage kits, given that price for boxes. it would look nicer too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, andyyy said:

that's more than I would have thought. I think i'd stick build it or use one of those metal garage kits, given that price for boxes. it would look nicer too

I’m looking in to permits. Haven’t found anything yet but if it’s not required for the container garage then I’ll end up on top I think?

7 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’m looking in to permits. Haven’t found anything yet but if it’s not required for the container garage then I’ll end up on top I think?

Are you In Cochise or Pima county? In Cochise and RU4 zoned (min 4 acres I believe)you can apply for the opt out permit where there are no inspections except at the end where the assessor comes out to measure. Oh yeah they’ll get their tax $ 

12 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Are you In Cochise or Pima county? In Cochise and RU4 zoned (min 4 acres I believe)you can apply for the opt out permit where there are no inspections except at the end where the assessor comes out to measure. Oh yeah they’ll get their tax $ 

I’m in cochise. I already used the ru-4 owner/builder for my house and guest house. Can’t use it again for anything else to the best of my knowledge.

31 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’m in cochise. I already used the ru-4 owner/builder for my house and guest house. Can’t use it again for anything else to the best of my knowledge.

Owner/builder for a livable structure I think might be different than the opt out permit. It’s for non livable structures like storage, garages etc.  If they’re still offering it? There are no inspections and no detail plans only a site plan showing property lines and not much more than a concept drawing. As for number of structures allowed on one property I’m not sure? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Owner/builder for a livable structure I think might be different than the opt out permit. It’s for non livable structures like storage, garages etc.  If they’re still offering it? There are no inspections and no detail plans only a site plan showing property lines and not much more than a concept drawing. As for number of structures allowed on one property I’m not sure? 

That’s essentially what I did for the owner builder. I’ll look into it though. Thanks for the info! Hopefully they don’t require permits since it’ll be hard to prove the structural load.

• Like 1