elkhunter

2023 HAM hunts

My son is in the middle of his first year of big game hunting. We were going to try to get him onto some pigs and have him take the first shot. Friday morning, the first spot didnt produce anything but deer and cattle. We changed locations and caught some pigs moving into a cut out of the wind. We made a big circle and found the pigs bedded down for the afternoon. We snuck into 45 yards and started our waiting game. No shots due to the pig pile. Shortly after 3 pigs came to our left, we had no clue they were there and got busted. All the pigs scattered, my son located a lone pig and took him down. Turns out it was a pretty tiny one 😂. All jokes aside, he was proud of his first muzzleloader harvest.

HAMcolby1.JPG.50fd40943d2ed37c0fcad2ac06e1117b.JPG

HamColby.JPG.be50c2cddf2fcffe7203dbb59444fe28.JPG

Saturday we spent the day chasing pigs but kept getting busted or they would disappear as we got closer. The winds kept the pigs down low and out of sight.

Sunday morning at 9, a herd was located far out in rough country. My pops is unable to do those kind of hikes these days so my son and I took off. We were able to get to 124 yards and take this older boar down and had a brutal pack out.

Ham231.JPG.356dee031e130348d101906c8c68f123.JPG

Ham23.JPG.4f9c171b65551a8b8defa66b6a48cacb.JPG

We'll head out next week to hopefully locate pigs in a spot that my pops can hike in. 

• Like 20
  • Love 1

Three generations of hunters making memories that last a life time. Nothing better! 

• Like 5