Boarman03

Wanted. Free Humor to Uplift the Moment

11 hours ago, IA Born said:

I appreciate that greatly.  My best, honest advice is to start calling/emailing the commission with your displeasure.

If we all would do that.....maybe they would listen?

I plan on contacting them with some of the info I now have, not using names, and then perhaps the media if the admin is not responsive.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Thank you for your response. When a program has failings the problem is always at the top. Upper administrators erroneously believe they know best when it's normally the boots on the ground guys that know where the problems are and how to fix them.

Too much arrogance and foolish pride by administrators cause so much grief!

Thank you to/for those that are trying and let's keep up the pressure on the admin until they listen and get it right! 😆 

Upper level guys may not “believe they know best” but they might be going by budget, or any other restriction. I was in your shoes (not azgfd) but became a decision guy. I see all 8 sides now! No one is happy by any decision that’s made, lower, upper, or middle level. You do what you can to make the most amount of people happy.

15 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

If we all would do that.....maybe they would listen?

I plan on contacting them with some of the info I now have, not using names, and then perhaps the media if the admin is not responsive.

I would hope they'd listen, but I think some of them are happy to see the HE program go.  I hope I'm wrong.

14 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Upper level guys may not “believe they know best” but they might be going by budget, or any other restriction. I was in your shoes (not azgfd) but became a decision guy. I see all 8 sides now! No one is happy by any decision that’s made, lower, upper, or middle level. You do what you can to make the most amount of people happy.

I'm pretty sure there are some of the higher level folks that want to see the HE program disappear because they don't see the need and because they see the profit generated from the Ethically Hunting Arizona/online bonus point program.  This is pure speculation, reading between the lines, and somewhat from hearsay, so take that for what its worth, but I've been involved with the upper level of the HE program for a few years now, sitting on the Advisory Committee.  It really seems like the Dept, as a whole, along with some of the commissioners, just want the program, as it stands, gone.

20 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

Is there still a 1 year deadline for youth from doing the online portion?

I don't recall off the top of my head how long the waiver lasts, but there is still a waiver beyond the original 90 day requirement to complete the field days for online students.  The demand is extremely high, while we just don't have enough instructors to put them on.  I know we'll ramp up online field days in Flagstaff once the snow melts and it warms up.  Keep checking the website or keep in touch with me if you need anything.  I probably owe you a favor or two by now!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CouesFanatic said:

Is there still a 1 year deadline for youth from doing the online portion?

I was told 180 days, but that they are lenient.

• Like 1