bowhunter-tw

UPDATE, RECOVERED Ford F250

Now I'm nervous. I have a 2000 F250 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 quad cab. Has a V10. I guess I'm going to think about anti theft measures.

Where are they getting stolen from most of the time?

35 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Now I'm nervous. I have a 2000 F250 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 quad cab. Has a V10. I guess I'm going to think about anti theft measures.

I would 100% do it. You are definitely in an area that might have potential for somebody passing through. I can tell you this sucks and i’ll miss that truck

That sucks,  I hate thieves. Ill keep an eye out for it on the border. I have an 06 and whenever I go to south tucson I unplug my fuel relay switch.  It won't stop them from breaking but good luck getting it to start!

They tried to steal my buddies 7.3 SD about 5 years ago. The only reason they didn't get it was it was a stick and I don't think they knew how to drive it. 

That sucks OP. Sorry to hear they got it. 

10 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Russ they get stolen from everywhere. I know of one taken from the SRP Employee Parking Lot, one at Home Depot but the owner caught the guy driving away and managed to get inside and punch him out before he got very far. Lots of ones taken from  home driveways, we had one taken at work. Some get taken while people are shopping or in a resturant.

In your case I would block it in between two other vehicles.

They are stolen too easily. There are certain years of all other brands that are easy too. Hopefully it’s just an idiot that’s driving it around town and not running around in Mexico right now. 

Like prdatr said. Revelco, Only way to go. Alarms just make noise that most people ignore these days. Revelco is spendy, but worth the piece of mind that comes with it 

my brother in law was sitting in his at tatum and shea ne corner shopping center when a hispanic male very quickly broke into his truck ....he saw  the other end of a 45 and ran like heck into his drop car and sped off....

On 2/17/2023 at 11:12 AM, HorseHunter said:

Sorry to hear.

I have an 03, same color. Any recs on theft deterrents for these models?  

It’s such and easy ignition to defeat.

kind of a pita but unstealable  

49AF7C1F-C167-490C-8AC6-6781AC07C13F.png

3 hours ago, oz31p said:

It’s such and easy ignition to defeat.

kind of a pita but unstealable  

49AF7C1F-C167-490C-8AC6-6781AC07C13F.png

I had never even heard of this… I guess too late now lol. I appreciate all the responses. Now time to deal with getting hassled around by insurance, hopefully i’ll get a little bit of money for it. But still not excited for a new expense

Alot of them from the chandler gilbert mesa phx queen creek area get stolen and they drive the heck out of them and then either get stuck or burn them or both on the Gila river rez. Ill keep a eye out for it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AZHunter1 said:

Alot of them from the chandler gilbert mesa phx queen creek area get stolen and they drive the heck out of them and then either get stuck or burn them or both on the Gila river rez. Ill keep a eye out for it.

THere were two brothers doing quite a bit of it.

15 hours ago, PRDATR said:

THere were two brothers doing quite a bit of it.

Yep one got caught the other one hid, Now he's out of jail and at it again.