bowhunter-tw

UPDATE, RECOVERED Ford F250

On 2/18/2023 at 8:29 PM, Boarman03 said:

Now I'm nervous. I have a 2000 F250 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 quad cab. Has a V10. I guess I'm going to think about anti theft measures.

Where are they getting stolen from most of the time?

I had a 2000 7.3.  First attempt was the Glendale Cabelas parking lot, 2nd time out of my driveway where they successfully stole it. It was a standard transmission. I got it back but the truck was trashed. 

IM ASTONISHED. They found my truck. It was parked about 3mi from my house in a random apartment complex. Looks like potentially tweakers, everything was rummaged through but nothing gone that I can tell right now. Security system will be installed in the very near future. 

• Like 26
  • Wow! 1

18 minutes ago, bowhunter-tw said:

IM ASTONISHED. They found my truck. It was parked about 3mi from my house in a random apartment complex. Looks like potentially tweakers, everything was rummaged through but nothing gone that I can tell right now. Security system will be installed in the very near future. 

Congrats on getting it back. Glad everything appears to be okay. 

Any idea how many miles were put on it during the time it was stolen? Police license plate reader find it? Congrats on getting your truck back.

On 2/17/2023 at 7:42 AM, bowhunter-tw said:

Police found the vehicle; no damage besides locks and ignition. Nothing I can see missing as far as I can tell. 

Awesome news 

I'd call that a happy ending!  Yeah!!

Great news, but yeh have it checked out thoroughly. Friend had his truck stolen by a tweaker and got it back pretty quickly…had so much “hidden” damage when he had it checked out that he decided to get rid of it. I don’t know all the details but they found all kinds of drug residue and paraphernalia inside the vehicle plus frame and other damage that he didn’t want to risk it. 

5 hours ago, DUG said:

Any idea how many miles were put on it during the time it was stolen? Police license plate reader find it? Congrats on getting your truck back.

Im going to check the odometer after work today. Got it home about 1 am and went to bed. Tow truck driver found it in a reserved parking spot at an apartment and was going to tow it

• Like 1

congrats OP, my buddy had his titan recovered after being stolen by tweakers. They did weird shoot to it, stole his sunvisors and battery (cut the cables, didn’t even unbolt it) and dumped it in a bad part of town.