Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Truck side steps

What’s everyone have? Recently got a new truck and people who ride with me have a hard time getting in. I don’t really want steps but I gotta get some. Electric fold aways are what I’m really looking at or low profile stationary bars. Anyways, what’s everyone got on their trucks?

Amp extreme electric steps has been great. No issues and the extreme has several motors and made for the mud/ice/dust.  Plus they fold away nicely and when open they are lower than the non folding steps. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, buglethemin said:

Amp extreme electric steps has been great. No issues and the extreme has several motors and made for the mud/ice/dust.  Plus they fold away nicely and when open they are lower than the non folding steps. 

I looked at amp all day yesterday. Looks like a good option and I almost ordered a set. Figured I’d ask here first.

7 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I looked at amp all day yesterday. Looks like a good option and I almost ordered a set. Figured I’d ask here first.

I have had AMP Power Steps on my lifted f150 for about 3 years now.  They are great, have a bad back and knee and it is a dream.  After I go on a dirt/mud/snow trip, I open the doors so they are retracted and spray them down with some water and get any debris out of there. FYI I don't do this every trip, just the bad ones.   Just have used the silicone spray so nothing sticks to them, think WD 40 and garage spring doors spray too.

• Thanks 1

+1 on the Amp power step. I have them on 2 of my trucks and I will on any other trucks in the future. Very minimal problems.

• Like 1

I have the GoRhino RB20 s on both my Rams.  For a non electric step, you may want to look at them.  If your truck is really lifted, they make a drop step.  I put them on my 2500 so my older dog wouldn’ tangled up in my old tube style.  Plus, they are super nice to stand on if youre glassing over your cab. 

I put a set of Luverne Side Entry Step Running Boards on my ram 2500. I have used single step and nerf bars in the past, on other vehicles and they seemed to really mud up, and hard to keep clean. These fit against the rocker panel and so they also keep the panels from getting chipped up. Also, a little wider step area. Very easy to install.