Sign in to follow this  
Sketchy Tom

General Hunt Weather Report

For those of you who have a general tag this weekend for pigs, Im sure youve checked the forecast by now(cloudy and rainy/snowy all weekend). Is it still worth getting after them or will they be tucked away and impossible to find? What kind of hunting strategies work best in this scenario?

They will still be out. I planned on hunting from Thursday to Monday, if necessary but may change that to Sunday to Wednesday.

I trust weather reports about as much as a fart after Mexican food. It was supposed to be sunny yesterday and it was overcast. Stinkers will be out and about. Throw the rain gear in the truck and get out there. 

We are still headed  out Thursday  to Monday  in unit 22 . Not the worst  weather  I've hunted them in . We had snow blowing  one year and they shut the 87 down . As soon  as it opened  we were at it . Blew snow most of the way up . It was nice not a single  person  back there for 4 days .

We’re heading up to 18b Thursday night.

probably camping low, we usually camp high up on the mesas. Not looking forward to inches of snow on this trip- my usual spot is windy enough, and with them probably dog piling all day it’ll be a chore to find them.

Will still give it our best shot!

IMO hunting pigs while there is heavy rain is a waste of time.

Hunting pigs right after a storm can be very productive. 

If its just stupid windy, traditional glassing may not be highly effective, look for washes/breaks from the wind and still hunt them or glass/move till you find them. 

• Like 6

On 2/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, wildwoody said:

Stay home and have a hot totty

Should have stayed home for the totty..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1