Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Photo Radar

Well, aint this b!tch. I had one several years ago as well that I tried to fight. Went to court and asked for calibration records of the equipment. It was in a school zone and I was not speeding. I'm the guy that honks at people speeding through a school zone. The firm that makes money from the city that is also the individual pleading the case to the judge didn't have anything. Judge set another date. Dude came in with a piece of paper that literally said "calibrated" and that was enough for the lard@$$ behind the bench to say I was responsible. This is quite the racket they have going. 

Capture.PNG.fac439dad4c17d5589a986492426cd67.PNG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigorange said:

I didn’t even know there was still photo radar anywhere…maybe that was just Tucson where they got rid of all of them. 

Mesa has quite a few.

I thought they were pulled due to concerns with violations of the 6th Amendment.  Interesting.

Just now, IA Born said:

I thought they were pulled due to concerns with violations of the 6th Amendment.  Interesting.

Pretty sure Tucson pulled them because they weren’t making enough money. 

3 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Pretty sure Tucson pulled them because they weren’t making enough money. 

Dang I had that wrong…Tucson voters passed a proposition to remove them. Of course the city pushed against removing them due to the revenue. 

54 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I guess I shouldn’t ignore the signs next time I drive through there. 

Mostly intersections and school zones.

So, it depending on who is arguing the case, it seems it may be thrown out on a conflict of interest.  Star Valley lost a case one time where the witness against the alleged perp was also the city attorney, the person who was prosecuting.   The alleged perp argued that it shouldn't be the same person, and won.  

9 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

How can they prove with out a doubt it was you??

There is usually also a picture of the front of the vehicle showing the driver.

17 hours ago, IA Born said:

I believe they pulled all on state highways for something along that line.  They removed the one on Grand Ave  in El Mirage as that’s considered part of the 93(?)..

miserable things.

• Like 1