Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Photo Radar

I received one one time and the picture was my wife driving.   I sent it back and said “not me, female driver”  it was thrown out.  I was also told by a co worker one time when he received one that his attorney said to ignore it, they can’t prove you received it and that they will have to hand serve it to him and for the most part it cost too much money and will get thrown out and it did. 

I received a photo ticket in the mail a few years ago in Show Low.  Talked to a retired JP who advised me to just ignore it, don't send anything back to the court, if you do you acknowledge it and have to either send in the fine or show up to contest. He told me the court must serve you in person, which in Navajo County is an extra 75.00 charge. I found the ticket on the Show Low justice court website, and checked it every so often, about 3 months later in was dismissed.  A friend of mine received one also, from the same camera, he ignored it and in about 3 months it was also dismissed. I figured I would bet an extra 75.00 against not paying the 250.00. It worked out for us.  

Good Luck to you.

• Like 1

If you get a photo radar ticket in Mesa but live in Florence they won’t hand deliver it and it will get tossed out. Don’t ask me how I know 🥷

• Haha 2

I may or may not have had two in a work truck.  May or may not have had my face in both.  My employer (who the trucks were registered to) may or may not have ignored them.  They were dropped after 3 months.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

I may or may not have had two in a work truck.  May or may not have had my face in both.  My employer (who the trucks were registered to) may or may not have ignored them.  They were dropped after 3 months.

Wish the company I worked for did that.  I've seen a few guys get busted and our company gave them right up.

14 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Wish the company I worked for did that.  I've seen a few guys get busted and our company gave them right up.

Yup. Ticket was from Chandler.

5 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

I believe they pulled all on state highways for something along that line.  They removed the one on Grand Ave  in El Mirage as that’s considered part of the 93(?)..

miserable things.

Grand is US60.

My ol lady couldn't drive to work without tripping the El Mirage  cameras, always late.

I remember the parade of servers knocking on the door and looking through the front window. Even had one guy come into the backyard and bang on the rear door. He could have been  shot.

The picture of me is clear enough. The last one I got a ignored it. Server caught me by supprise. 

I may have already screwed up by loging into the link to look at the video. I thought it was a red light ticket. I remember being flashed and thinking I'd beat it easy. Then to my surprise it was for speeding. 

I got some good stuff in the classifieds by the way. I guess I need funds to pay a ticket. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

The picture of me is clear enough. The last one I got a ignored it. Server caught me by supprise. 

I may have already screwed up by loging into the link to look at the video. I thought it was a red light ticket. I remember being flashed and thinking I'd beat it easy. Then to my surprise it was for speeding. 

The one I got at an intersection was going to fast through a green light. Sneaky bastids.

16 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Some of those servers are pretty good. When they ask are you "Mr. Somebody" you say get the fck off my property. It doesn't go well sometimes with people from your children's school, girlscouts,and a few others. Oh well it works though😀

• Like 1

I got caught at that same spot a year ago or so when all the construction was up.  Since i have a address like PO Box, all the mail wen there/server there.  I reviewed the pictures (not online) and they were of the guy next to me, and he must have gotten mine. The pics of truck were mine, but you could clearly tell it wasnt me.

I just use the Address like PO Box and it all saves me a hassle with these phony as# charges that generate revenue and nothing with speed control.

I would get them all over the state.  Usually in Star Valley, Show Low or Pima Road.  I always ignored them. One time a star valley ticket was served to me in Mesa.  I paid it.  The person serving me tricked me in my front yard and got me pretty good because I was alert to being caught and I have to give him credit for that.  I got a few in the company vehicle and the office manager would forward them to me and I paid to not cause any trouble.  All others went away.  I’m not talking like I’m a wild man, all were the minimum like 10 or 11 mph over and nothing reckless, I just did a lot of driving back then, like around 50,000 miles a year.  That much and you’re going to get something.

I was talking about these photo radar tickets a long time ago and found out that most of the people that pay them are immigrants.  For some reason they don’t mess around and pay them quickly.  I guess they think it will get them into big trouble if they don’t.  I talked to a few I know from Mexico, Iran and Canada and they always pay.

On 2/23/2023 at 3:54 PM, bojangles said:

So, it depending on who is arguing the case, it seems it may be thrown out on a conflict of interest.  Star Valley lost a case one time where the witness against the alleged perp was also the city attorney, the person who was prosecuting.   The alleged perp argued that it shouldn't be the same person, and won.  

Ya that would be Tim Grear, or lovely town attorney and manager, Linda of like a dictator, and doesn't even live in star valley. Don't speed easy.