PRDATR

Florida Keys

Has anyone been there? I am looking at renting a house for a week in November for a family reunion. Probably fly into Miami then drive down, need a place with 5 bedrooms.

Following.  Islamorada is extremely high on my bucket list.  I have friends going to Key West for spring break.  I can ask them where they're staying if you want.  I guess it also depends on where you are planning to stay.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Has anyone been there? I am looking at renting a house for a week in November for a family reunion. Probably fly into Miami then drive down, need a place with 5 bedrooms.

Airbnb

The keys are great.  Never did do any fishing there, though I wish we would have.

We stayed on Key West.  Was a great time, and will go back.  Would recommend a stop on Big Pine Key to see the Keys Deer.  Smallest specie of whitetail.  I remember reading about them in the old man's outdoor life magazine as a kid, wondering about these crazy tiny deer that swam the ocean from key to key.  First time I'd read about Coues deer as well.  Couldn't have been but 8 years old, but both these tiny whitetails fascinated me. 

Untitled.jpg.de72c05a1c107d3e2b74d7910a2da06f.jpg

Untitled.jpg.6ffbf60d477aba40a8bf6f494cc846c4.jpg

• Like 1

We were going to go a few years ago, but life got in the way. We were going to fly from PHX to ATL then right into Key West. Book early and save a ton of money. 

• Like 1