Freakycamo

FYI Blackhorn 209

Makes me sick seeing the price tag on reloading stuff and ammo in general these days. I have a 2 or 3 year old bottle of Blackhorn sitting on my shelf with a $34.99 price tag still on it.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MogollonMan said:

Makes me sick seeing the price tag on reloading stuff and ammo in general these days. I have a 2 or 3 year old bottle of Blackhorn sitting on my shelf with a $34.99 price tag still on it.

I think that the old bottle was 10 oz ?

1 hour ago, MogollonMan said:

A little over a year ago it was $43.95 for 10oz.

Basically the price has doubled now that it is $79.95 for only 8 oz.

some D-bag will buy it all and it will sit in their garage for 8 years.

• Like 1

Yep they have a limit on powder  but no limit  on black powder. So someone  could  buy it all . I try to only keep 2 containers  for myself  and usually  have one or two on hand for those hunters in need and offer them for what I paid at the time . If there wasn't  a run on it every  time  it hit the shelves  the prices might  stabilize  and not be so high. 

• Like 3

8 oz is 3500 grains. At 100 grains per shot, you get 35 shots.

I thought H1000 was bad. 

YIKES

5 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

The big problem with the switch is everything else is corrosive and is a pain in the butt to have to clean with black powder  only products. 

I dont find it to be that big of a deal.  I still have a 10 OZ container of the Blackhorn that I havent opened that I purchased for $34 to  try, but never talked myself into it, as the Trip7 pellets are sooo ez to work with.  I check zero before a hunt if my rifle got bumped around, between seasons and pretty much only fire one shot during a hunt.  Clean and store. EZ  stuff to me. Seeing as I can only seem to  draw a javelina tag, I dont even do that too much nowadays.

• Like 1