Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Sick to my stomach!!!!!

Why not use a credit card?  I'm guessing you used a debit card for your tag fee?

And how much was your insurance bill that it drained your account balance?

I'm hardly a rich man (at least in dollars) but it would take a few insurance payments to drain my account.

Of course, I use a CC for my tag fee and insurance payments and everyone should cancel their DC as they are the worst for fraud, etc.

Better luck next year.

Eddie

30 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

Why not use a credit card?  I'm guessing you used a debit card for your tag fee?

And how much was your insurance bill that it drained your account balance?

I'm hardly a rich man (at least in dollars) but it would take a few insurance payments to drain my account.

Of course, I use a CC for my tag fee and insurance payments and everyone should cancel their DC as they are the worst for fraud, etc.

Better luck next year.

Eddie

He said he had four vehicles so if he paid for them for a full year that could be some serious coin with todays rates.

• Thanks 1

This sucks, but I don't understand why people don't have a credit card set up for the draw.  Even if you don't like credit cards, just use it for the draw, set up text/email/push notifications on your phone for any charges over $25 and you'll get alerted immediately if your card gets hit for a tag.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

I don’t own a CC.  Never will either. 

I don't either, banks own them, but they do have a use & many here as well as I do use them.  Several are zero interest for months now, & basically all are zero interest when its paid off monthly, not to mention relatively secure regarding fraud (by that I mean you aren't liable for fraudulent charges if you pay attention).

Personally I preferred sending in money orders, but those days are long gone so you have to adapt...

That said, sorry for your loss, that really sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

I don’t own a CC.  Never will either. 

I pay for an elk landowner tag every year with credit card reward points.  Would hate to miss out on that.  

• Like 1

I have a credit card but it never get's hit!  WTF must be the banks fault lol...  13 points for next year, hope I get drawn before I can't do it, sucks getting old!

A similar situation happen to me in 2021 draw. I was on the phone with my cc when they denied the charges. I had felt that it wasn’t my fault and was told by a few people to petition the commissioner. keep a long story short they denied it. I would’ve  drawn elk and antelope has a party with a dear friend. I was not happy with the situation. The only way I figured I could get them back in a was going to let my friend ride my deer points and get him a early Kaibab tag. I felt like I had Owed him something since it was my card at denied all four of these charges.We went into the draw with an average of eight and it took nine we drew our first choice 13b in the random not a bad consolation prize. I always think Arizona gave us  those tags for the screw up. Lol.

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Heard this today, Dude applied with his friend on friends card. Friend had fraud a while ago and never updated it. 

You mean, was a friend

• Like 3
  • Haha 4