Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Sick to my stomach!!!!!

I have always purchased a pre-paid card from my bank just for draws.  Never have to worry about fraud, and the amount $ on the card covers that particular draw.    If I don’t draw, I simply use it as I would a normal card until it’s cashed out.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

I have always purchased a pre-paid card from my bank just for draws.  Never have to worry about fraud, and the amount $ on the card covers that particular draw.    If I don’t draw, I simply use it as I would a normal card until it’s cashed out.  

I like that idea…. Makes a great Christmas gift too…, check that box off the list easily. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

There's also fraud with pre-paid cards. Nothing is fraud-proof. 

Scammer goes to Fry's and removes the card from the packaging and swaps it with a card he purchased and cloned. You activate and add funds to the "new" card, he proceeds to use the money via the cloned card.

Scammer skims the magnetic strip on the card and puts it back in package. You then activate and add funds on that card. Scammer has the info and your money. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Piss poor planning imo..  who cuts it that close on funds??  

Sometimes funds are just that close, most of us have been there.  Not piss poor just life.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

Scammer goes to Fry's and removes the card from the packaging and swaps it with a card he purchased and cloned. You activate and add funds to the "new" card, he proceeds to use the money via the cloned card.

Scammer skims the magnetic strip on the card and puts it back in package. You then activate and add funds on that card. Scammer has the info and your money. 

That sounds more like a gift card. My pre-paid card expires 11/26. I add money when ever I want for on-line purchases.

25 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

That sounds more like a gift card. My pre-paid card expires 11/26. I add money when ever I want for on-line purchases.

Nope. Visa/MC prepaid cards. 

i feel bad for you man but i never use my bank card always a credit card, if there is a problem you can always contest the charge and they take care of it, the bank take care of the problem but takes a while before the money is put back in the account. never had a problem doing that.

3 hours ago, Newbie2012 said:

Not if you purchase them from your bank (which is what the original post indicated).  I would not get them from Home Depot, grocery stores, etc., as they can be skimmed and used.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

Not if you purchase them from your bank (which is what the original post indicated).  I would not get them from Home Depot, grocery stores, etc., as they can be skimmed and used.  

I got a Wal-Mart money card when the on line draw started. I think I'm on my 4th now that expires in 2026. When it is close to expiring, I get a new one in the mail. I have had no problems whatsoever.

7 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Piss poor planning imo..  who cuts it that close on funds??  

Wasn’t piss poor planning! Insurance company doubled billed on 4 vehicles, but I guess your perfect. It is what it is, hope it never happens to you. Not all of us are rich guys!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hunterjohnny said:

Sometimes funds are just that close, most of us have been there.  Not piss poor just life.

I’ve been there where I held off on paying bills and groceries to make sure my tag got accepted! That’s not for everyone but I ate a lot of free rabbit and game birds in those days. I was even bitter about everyone else’s good hunting gear. Grew a few years and it’s better. Never have/will forget what I didn’t have or couldn’t afford.

• Like 4

That has to be one of the most frustrating stories ever.  Sorry you got the raw end of someone else's screw up.

Too late to help, but that's why I use a separate credit card for my draw applications.  Any card of any kind that you use frequently is subject to something going wrong at the worst possible time.  Scammers, thieves, bank errors, etc etc.  One clean card with no balance, and I pay it off monthly for any tags or licenses I do use it for.  

I hope you draw a great tag next year to make up for it.

• Like 3