Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Sick to my stomach!!!!!

For 2023 I'm 0 for 4 attempted tags. I have no luck at all

On 3/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, Newbie2012 said:

There's also fraud with pre-paid cards. Nothing is fraud-proof. 

Scammer goes to Fry's and removes the card from the packaging and swaps it with a card he purchased and cloned. You activate and add funds to the "new" card, he proceeds to use the money via the cloned card.

Scammer skims the magnetic strip on the card and puts it back in package. You then activate and add funds on that card. Scammer has the info and your money. 

Don't you also need the pin# that's covered on the back of those cards to use it/get access to the funds?  If so, when purchasing it you could see a card has been compromised.

2 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

Don't you also need the pin# that's covered on the back of those cards to use it/get access to the funds?  If so, when purchasing it you could see a card has been compromised.

For retail cards like Chilis, Target, Kohls....etc

2 hours ago, Newbie2012 said:

For retail cards like Chilis, Target, Kohls....etc

also applies to VISA gift cards.  Frys had a huge batch sold through their stores last December that had the info stolen and purchasers were SOL

4 hours ago, Hunting Fool said:

Because folks just keep just enough money in their accounts knowing when the draw happens.

Some do/did. Just to make sure they can hunt. Some don’t have to worry about it anymore.

11 hours ago, Hunting Fool said:

Because folks just keep just enough money in their accounts knowing when the draw happens.

I dont know when hunting became a Rich man's sport? The people who would benifit the most from the meat are those living on the edge you know barely getting by. 

I have seen enough of the ridicule from this one man's misfortune on this thread to surmise that there are more than a few hunters ( I use that term loosely) in here that think hunting should be reserved for those that have unlimited funds? 

As a fellow hunter and someone who has been through struggles financially in the past my sympathy to the OP . To those of you who can't relate you should withhold judgement . If your just here to discourage others and to brag about your bank account we can all assume what your over compensating for. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Troutramp said:

I dont know when hunting became a Rich man's sport? The people who would benifit the most from the meat are those living on the edge you know barely getting by. 

I have seen enough of the ridicule from this one man's misfortune on this thread to surmise that there are more than a few hunters ( I use that term loosely) in here that think hunting should be reserved for those that have unlimited funds? 

As a fellow hunter and someone who has been through struggles financially in the past my sympathy to the OP . To those of you who can't relate you should withhold judgement . If your just here to discourage others and to brag about your bank account we can all assume what your over compensating for. 

Uhmmm it’s literally cheaper to butcher a full size pig then to go elk hunting for a week, so you saying people that benefit from it are the ones eating the meat would be incorrect in my eyes, people hunt because they want to, not because it’s cheaper by any means, but I do agree with you we shouldn’t make fun of other over funds 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EarlyBronco said:

Uhmmm it’s literally cheaper to butcher a full size pig then to go elk hunting for a week, so you saying people that benefit from it are the ones eating the meat would be incorrect in my eyes, people hunt because they want to, not because it’s cheaper by any means, but I do agree with you we shouldn’t make fun of other over funds 👍

my thoughts exactly.  I can buy a lot more ribeye steaks at Frys cheaper then a week long elk hunt, plus it taste a lot better

4 hours ago, Troutramp said:

Store meat is a lot cheaper than hunting. 

Cost of a cow elk tag $135. Cost of a bullet?  1 to 2 dollars? Cost of gas? For some 100 bucks$ for some 5$ ?  Pounds of meat from a cow elk.. 

Average for us has been about 240# /142 = .56 

That's pretty cheap. 

I personally know of families that have relied on this method. Now of course they are also hunting out thier back yard basically. 

But not every one has to have a 2k rifle set up with laser range finding scopes and a camp trailer that's 20k and quads or side xsides for 25k. And 5k worth of optics .