Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Sick to my stomach!!!!!

2 hours ago, Troutramp said:

Cost of a cow elk tag $135. Cost of a bullet?  1 to 2 dollars? Cost of gas? For some 100 bucks$ for some 5$ ?  Pounds of meat from a cow elk.. 

Average for us has been about 240# /142 = .56 

That's pretty cheap. 

I personally know of families that have relied on this method. Now of course they are also hunting out thier back yard basically. 

But not every one has to have a 2k rifle set up with laser range finding scopes and a camp trailer that's 20k and quads or side xsides for 25k. And 5k worth of optics .  

If it’s that easy, there’s lots of over the counter elk options

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

If it’s that easy, there’s lots of over the counter elk options

There are otc options in areas where there are lower densities. And those might be a good options for some people. But the attitude of some on this forum to this man's misfortune is a little disheartening.  

And likewise if you have 10s of thousands of dollars in the bank at all times you could just hunt private land in New Mexico etc.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Troutramp said:

There are otc options in areas where there are lower densities. And those might be a good options for some people. But the attitude of some on this forum to this man's misfortune is a little disheartening.  

And likewise if you have 10s of thousands of dollars in the bank at all times you could just hunt private land in New Mexico etc.... 

His misfortune was self inflicted. There are many very easy way to prevent what happened to him.

4 hours ago, dsotm said:

His misfortune was self inflicted. There are many very easy way to prevent what happened to him.

It was an unfortunate unforseen event. I'm sure nothing like that has ever happened to you? 

3 minutes ago, Troutramp said:

It was an unfortunate unforseen event. I'm sure nothing like that has ever happened to you? 

Using your debit card instead of a credit card is not unforeseen. Using a debit card leaves you very unprotected.

16 minutes ago, dsotm said:

Using your debit card instead of a credit card is not unforeseen. Using a debit card leaves you very unprotected.

As banks are failing right now lol. 

Your "credit card could decline a transaction for any number of reasons" I hope it happens to you !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Troutramp said:

Your "credit card could decline a transaction for any number of reasons" I hope it happens to you !

Sure thing tough guy

58 minutes ago, dsotm said:

Sure thing tough guy

Wtf is that supposed to mean? I'm not the one on here bullying guys for missing an elk tag. 

Move along. You don't need to respond to any of my posts!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Troutramp said:

Ha ha ha got em

On 3/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, yotebuster said:

I pay for an elk landowner tag every year with credit card reward points.  Would hate to miss out on that.  

Can you message me on where you go, I’m interested in going on one of those hunts but don’t wanna drive 16 hours and not know what’s going on or how something works haha 

Just a bit of advice get a credit card with a decent limit and use it only for draws ….ask me how I learned that lesson. Sucks but there is always next year I guess. I have had something like this happen to me not an overdraft but someone got my cc number and started charging  it so the bank auto shut my card down….1 day before the draw and I found out 2 days after g&f tried to charge my card.  luckily it was for javelina so I recovered mentally lol. 

I feel your pain but I’m sure things will work out. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 8:41 AM, Mattman215 said:

Just a bit of advice get a credit card with a decent limit and use it only for draws ….ask me how I learned that lesson. Sucks but there is always next year I guess. I have had something like this happen to me not an overdraft but someone got my cc number and started charging  it so the bank auto shut my card down….1 day before the draw and I found out 2 days after g&f tried to charge my card.  luckily it was for javelina so I recovered mentally lol. 

I feel your pain but I’m sure things will work out. 

What?  No way?  But....but .... it was a credit card and ....and those are absolutely reliable 1002 ٪ ... you must be mistaken! 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Troutramp said:

What?  No way?  But....but .... it was a credit card and ....and those are absolutely reliable 1002 ٪ ... you must be mistaken! 

He said bank account in his first post which means debit card, reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit though