Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Double standard?

Interesting. If I had a dog that got out and attacked someone I would be charged. I'm not saying the officer should be, it just seems like a double standard. 

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/03/08/avondale-k-9-bit-man-nearly-20-times-after-escaping-backyard-records-show/

• Like 2

I'm saying lawsuit. If it were your dog or mine, that's what would happen and the dog would be put down. 

• Like 1

I don't think its over. When it hits the news the law tigers start to circle, takes a minute before the suit hits the news.

I dont see the double standard... you would not be automatically charged with anything if your dog bites someone.  You could be, if you are negligent.  What would happen to you is exactly what is gonna happen here, a lawsuit and being held responsible for all damages.

• Like 4

I met a retired border patrol dog once when doing pest control for another company at a local dog kennel.  I swear that dog had no problem with me until I turned around and latched the gate behind me. All the sudden it was game on.  

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

I met a retired border patrol dog once when doing pest control for another company at a local dog kennel.  I swear that dog had no problem with me until I turned around and latched the gate behind me. All the sudden it was game on.  

He Was like ... gotcha mthr fkr

• Haha 2

One day a neighbor came to the house and told my dad she had our dog in her trunk and that she had caught our dog killing her chickens.....my dad got our dog out of the trunk, took him to the back by our corrals and shot the dog in the head...............times are different.............

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

One day a neighbor came to the house and told my dad she had our dog in her trunk and that she had caught our dog killing her chickens.....my dad got our dog out of the trunk, took him to the back by our corrals and shot the dog in the head...............times are different.............

Wow!  Zero to 100 quick.  I’m not too put out by that as that’s how a lot of old timers would think.  They would choose loose chickens over the family dog in most occasions.  I had a grandfather that could have done the same thing.  It would be interesting to hear more memorable  reactions he had as you were growing up if you don’t mind sharing.

When I moved into our current neighborhood, my neighbor came over and claimed my dog killed his chickens. I asked him if he saw her do it. He said no. So I told him well, I wouldn't put her past it, but until someone witnesses it, I'm not getting rid of her. So I decided to give him all my flock and start over. We've been good friends ever since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zackcarp said:

When I moved into our current neighborhood, my neighbor came over and claimed my dog killed his chickens. I asked him if he saw her do it. He said no. So I told him well, I wouldn't put her past it, but until someone witnesses it, I'm not getting rid of her. So I decided to give him all my flock and start over. We've been good friends ever since.

Great handling of the situation, I remember being just a little put out by what Dad did, but he was the real thing and he didn't have any reason to not believe the neighbor! Maybe he really didn't like the dog to start with I don't know. Where we lived everybody's dogs ran pretty loose with the idea that most of them stayed at home which we know doesn't happen in reality but none of our dogs during that time ever spent time on a rope or in a cage.........

2 hours ago, Saguaro said:

Wow!  Zero to 100 quick.  I’m not too put out by that as that’s how a lot of old timers would think.  They would choose loose chickens over the family dog in most occasions.  I had a grandfather that could have done the same thing.  It would be interesting to hear more memorable  reactions he had as you were growing up if you don’t mind sharing.

As a farmer/rancher my Dad absolutely would not tolerate rattlesnakes. His irrigation ditches were completely weedless, part of me understands that is what kept me and my brothers out of trouble and part of me knows he didn't want rattlesnakes on the ditches while he was changing water in the middle of the night!