Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Double standard?

I saw a neighbors pit bull chasing my horses and was punted like a football by my grey, H.E.L.L. B.EA.CH mare. But no.one hurt. Told my neighbor what happened and he needed to keep the dog home.

We talked again  several  days later when the neighbors pit bull had gone missing.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

57 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

When I think double standard I was thinking about Something like this 

E03F6F8B-58F3-4EC9-B8F1-B7BD82E01EB8.png

The only dog I have ever been bit by at work is a chihuahua. Dang near ripped my pant leg off. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

The only dog I have ever been bit by at work is a chihuahua. Dang near ripped my pant leg off. 

Chihuahua, the ultimate useless dog.

5 hours ago, zackcarp said:

When I moved into our current neighborhood, my neighbor came over and claimed my dog killed his chickens. I asked him if he saw her do it. He said no. So I told him well, I wouldn't put her past it, but until someone witnesses it, I'm not getting rid of her. So I decided to give him all my flock and start over. We've been good friends ever since.

A neighboring rancher and his son came over so the son could change the oil in our windmill and while he was doing the change, we were BSing and had no idea their dog was down sport killing all of our chickens. We didn’t know about until the next morning. We actually didn’t want to say anything to our friends because they’re the type to want to buy us new chickens even though they were over doing something for us for nothing. I gave their dog a treat next time I saw him. I like the dog more than those stupid birds!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

shoot a dog, because it wasn’t trained well. I mean, I think all pitbulls should be killed. So I can’t say anything. 

I’ve seen several “ sweetheart “ pits suddenly snap and attack another dog they’ve been around before. Brutal attacks.   Them and Chows, had neighbors Chow  chase me back into my own house  ,  I went straight back w my Glock and the owners has it in their pen. Told them there’d be no mercy next time.

5 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

I’ve seen several “ sweetheart “ pits suddenly snap and attack another dog they’ve been around before. Brutal attacks.   Them and Chows, had neighbors Chow  chase me back into my own house  ,  I went straight back w my Glock and the owners has it in their pen. Told them there’d be no mercy next time.

Me and my friend send each other all the pitbull story’s we see. One was a girl who got her nose bit off and they blamed it on her teeth being whitened recently lmao.  

7 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I'm just curious why the assumption is that the handler won't be held responsible?

The last line of the story says he will not be cited. Maybe the department will do something, but doubtful. 

I am not a sure happy person, but the handler and police department need to be sued as they are the responsible parties for the incident. 

7 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

The last line of the story says he will not be cited. Maybe the department will do something, but doubtful. 

I am not a sure happy person, but the handler and police department need to be sued as they are the responsible parties for the incident. 

I'll admit, I didn't read the entire article.

Had a run in with  my neighbors  dogs a few years back .I was unloading  stuff outa my 4 runner and heard a dog run up behind  me . Looked and it was a weiner whiner  that's what my kid calls them . Figured  no big deal as the dog left. Then I hear another  and it's a pit bull and the weiner now both barking and aggressive.  Went shot my gun is in the house. Was able to scare them off and went inside  to call cops . Was told there in route  . About 30 minutes  later I go out to close the back of the car and the dog chased me into my garage  till I stopped  and drew . Hit the Damm dog in the head with the end of the gun . Almost shot the dog. He turned  and ran . So I call back and tell them I'm fixing  to shoot  the dog . Cop shows up with  in minutes.  Met him at the end of my driveway  . He asked  where isthe dog and I pointed  down the street  . As he went  down the street  the pit charged the car and almost  jumped  in . He was able to use lights and siren to get the dog back in the yard and closed  the gate . Beat on the door and told the neighbors  I almost  had to shoot there dog . On his way back he said  I can't  believe  you didn't  shoot it. I asked  what they would  charge  me with  if I did and got discharge  in city limits and animal cruelty.   I keep  a big can of bear spray in the garage just in case  .

I had a run in with a pit bull a few years ago.  I was driving home with the wife one evening when I turned the corner in my neighborhood and noticed a guy and two dogs.  He was spinning around in circles while the two dogs did the same.  I told the wife that the poor guy was having a heck of a time controlling his two dogs and I realized as I was saying that, that one of the dogs wasn't his.  He had his old German Pointer on a leash, and it was winding around him while a pit bull was trying to latch onto the old dog.  I told the wife that he was being attacked and I threw the car into park and jumped out.  I ran over asking if the second dog was his and he said no, that it came out of nowhere and started attacking his dog.  The pit bull got his dog by the throat and took it down as soon as I got to him.  The guy was quite frankly, a big squish, and didn't know what to do- I was pissed this dog was doing this in my neighborhood and I wasn't about to just keep driving and not try to stop it.  I've seen too many stories about dogs attacking kids in a neighborhood and it just made me mad.  I grabbed the pit by the big spiked collar ( I wasn't sure if he would attack me or if he just wanted to kill the other dog) and tried kicking him in the gut.  You can't get any leverage to put anything behind a kick when you're holding a dog by the collar.  I started beating the pit on the top of his head as hard and as fast as I could.  I hit him at least fifteen times as hard as I could, and it didn't faze him.  Found out later it just broke my hand, but adrenaline keeps you going in the moment.  I somehow thought about a report of a guy being dragged down by a shark and he got away by eye gouging the shark.  I held onto the collar with one hand and took my right thumb and started grinding it into the eye socket of the pit.  Once I got past his clenched eyelid and felt the eyeball, I pushed harder and ground his eye to pulp.  That got his attention and he let the old dog go.  As I tightly held his collar, I told the guy to get his dog the heck out of here.  I had my wife call the police and I held onto him until they arrived.  They said no crime happened cause a dog biting another dog wasn't a crime.  They did take him for animal control to deal with.

• Wow! 3

When i was about 7, we had a pit that terrorized our neighborhood. Until he came after me on a family walk. Our Rottweiler handled his asss, solidly. Our Rott literally took that dog out of the air as he was on his way to me. Dad just let the leash go and let Frazier handle his business. Never saw the dog again.