Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Double standard?

The leash law in Maricopa county came as a result of a young girl that was killed by a couple of pit bulls on her way to school. it happened about a mile from my house. People that can't/won't keep their  dogs up shouldn't be allowed to have one.

If you think there is no double standard you  just don't want to see it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, creed said:

The leash law in Maricopa county came as a result of a young girl that was killed by a couple of pit bulls on her way to school. it happened about a mile from my house. People that can't/won't keep their  dogs up shouldn't be allowed to have one.

If you think there is no double standard you  just don't want to see it.

Explain the double standard.  

3 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

The double standard the op is referring to.  The Leo is getting special treatment essentially us the claim

You don't think so?

No, where is it?    Do you think if your dog bites someone you get charged automatically?  I think 100% the officer and or city will be held liable for damages, which is exactly what would happen to any non-leo.  

Why would I think there would be an automatic charge? Why do you think there shouldn't be a charge? do you have inside knowledge or just voicing your opinion?

If it were my dog that got out and attacked someone I would bet there would be some kind of negligence charge. Maybe not but based on my dealings with the law, dogs and livestock issues I would be surprised if there wasn't.

What if the guy killed the police officer (police dog killing is a murder of police officer) before they reported it missing.

13 minutes ago, creed said:

Why would I think there would be an automatic charge? Why do you think there shouldn't be a charge? do you have inside knowledge or just voicing your opinion?

If it were my dog that got out and attacked someone I would bet there would be some kind of negligence charge. Maybe not but based on my dealings with the law, dogs and livestock issues I would be surprised if there wasn't.

My opinion only..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Me and my friend send each other all the pitbull story’s we see. One was a girl who got her nose bit off and they blamed it on her teeth being whitened recently lmao.  

Never the dog’s fault. Or the owner…

8 hours ago, bigbuckfever said:

I somehow thought about a report of a guy being dragged down by a shark and he got away by eye gouging the shark.  I held onto the collar with one hand and took my right thumb and started grinding it into the eye socket of the pit.  Once I got past his clenched eyelid and felt the eyeball, I pushed harder and ground his eye to pulp.  That got his attention and he let the old dog go. 

I have no idea if it’s true but I read recently (maybe on here and maybe it was a joke, but I’ve set it to memory just in case) the fastest way to get a dog to let go is a finger up its rear end. 😳

• Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

Like I asked earlier, who was negligent?  Did you investigate the case?  The wife?  Husband?  Did the landscaper forget to lock gate?  I know it doesn’t satisfy your need for immediate blood. 

It’ll be a civil issue like almost all dog bite cases are unless there is extraordinary circumstances. There is a reason your homeowners insurance company wants to know if you own dogs.

• Like 1

Anytime a K9 gets out there will he a lengthy investigation. Those dogs cost more than most folks cars. If the handler was deemed responsible for negligence, I guarantee there will be a suitable punishment. Those dog aren't stupid, they can figure a way to get out. I had a German Shepard that would clear a 7ft wall with ease. 

32 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I have no idea if it’s true but I read recently (maybe on here and maybe it was a joke, but I’ve set it to memory just in case) the fastest way to get a dog to let go is a finger up its rear end. 😳

I just watched a video  a couple days ago of a guy doing that to a pit that was attacking a guy and no one could get him off. Dude rammed his thumb in his azz 2-3 times real wuick and dog let go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

I guess that's when you yell for HELP🤔