Dano562

ISO 7mm-08 rifle

13 Y/O Daughter drew an elk tag this year wanting to get her a new gun to start practicing with looking to see what's out here before I start looking for new. I'm looking for a 7mm-08. I prefer a Rem 700 or Savage 110, I am open to others please let me know what you have!!

Don’t overlook the compact Tikka models. My kids shoot one in 7mm08 and I have recommended them to two other dads. We have all and the same results.  I can get my kids’ gun to shoot 3 inch groups at 500 with three different bullet weights. 

I have/had many 7mm-08s. Rem 700s, nice Savages, but for the money a Ruger American is hard to beat. A Tikka would be another good choice.

After  looking  at several  models  for the kids giveaway  . I did  like the ruger  american  in there go wild  edition  . It has alot to offer  adjustable  trigger  ,scope rail, muzzle break standard  5/8 24 pitch ( suppressor  ready ) and cerakoted. I will  say don't  under estimate  the axis line . After re- working  the trigger  spring  on my buddies  wife's  gun with a decent  scope and some hand loaded  barns 140s the gun shot a 3 shot group  in one ragged  hole.

I'll add another vote for Tikka. Got my daughter a t3x lite compact in 7-08. Fits her perfect. Put a Leupold VX 3 on it and its perfect for her. Great gun for the price. 

I have a savage axis muddy girl 7mm-08 with a 3x9x40 weaver scope and sling. It has less than 25 rounds down the barrel. I also have some boxes of ammo for it. Let me know if you're interested. $450

20230311_173739.jpg

20230311_173918.jpg

20230311_173652.jpg

• Like 2