Sign in to follow this  
WinMag

Dillion 550B Problem

I have not used my Dillion 550 in over a month. Now that I have went out to load some 44 mag the Primer Slide is binding and not returning all the way to the shell plate. Here is a list of things I have already looked at and they look ok...so what am I missing?

1. I have checked to ensure I did not have the bolts to tight and they are ok.

2. Pulled it apart to check for some powder that may have gotten under it ......it ok.

3. Cleaned it with Rubbing Alcohol as Dillion requests.

4. Checked the spring and it is ok.

5. It is even hard to slide when you use your hand to move it.

6. Inspected the primer Track Bearing....it appears to be ok with minimal wear on it at best.

7. Cleaned everything real good and put it back togather with no luck in it working right.

Tha darn thing was working just fine last time I used it. Now I'm baffled as to why it is not working right.

I had the same problem on mine. After cleaning and changing the spring I took the Primer Slide to Dillon, they gave me another one and it fixed the problem. I never figured out what was wrong with the old slide, I compared the old and new one and could not see any difference but it worked.

I had the same problem on mine. After cleaning and changing the spring I took the Primer Slide to Dillon, they gave me another one and it fixed the problem. I never figured out what was wrong with the old slide, I compared the old and new one and could not see any difference but it worked.

Thank you, I'm going to Dillion as soon as I get a chance next week. I'm thinking that it may have benn bent by something but I dont how or when.