Sign in to follow this  
daverp

Apply as Resident with NR License?

So, moved to AZ permanently on 8/19.  About 4 days short of residency requirement for the Antelope / Elk draw, so I just got a BP for elk to save what BP's I have to use as a resident next year (will be going into that draw with 12 points). 

My NR license is valid through June 12.

Just tried to purchase a Resident license in preparation for the deer draw, and it won't allow me as I have a valid and current license.  I changed my residency status in the portal, and it shows the Resident options available, but won't allow me to select and continue due to having a current NR license.

I'll give G&F a call in a couple weeks I suppose once everything dies down for them, but curious if anyone has come across this?  Can I apply as a resident with a NR license?  Seems to me that would be a big old rejection if I did get "drawn".

No is going to be the answer. The system may let you but it will set off alarms with someone there at law enforcement I'm sure. Just call them Monday and I'm sure they can get it figured out for you.

That’s an interesting situation you’re in. Looks like the deer draw deadline will be 6/13. Worst case scenario you wait until the last day(13th) to purchase your residence license and then apply for the draw. 

Let us know what they say. 

The short answer is no. 

I'd do your original plan. Call GFD in a week or two and figure out how to get a Resident License for the June draw.

Well said above. Call the game and fish, the law is 6 months, they'll probably make you buy a new license but they can't deny you if you have proof of residency, but do not apply as res with none res license, you will lose your points.

• Like 1