Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

E tag are up

So is this the new tag, or do you still get one in the mail, ya im ignorant to the fact.

You don't get one in the mail but you still have to physically tag your kill in the field. And since they don't send you a tag now you get to make it yourself, so carry some tape and a marker in your pack. I'll pass. They can just send me mine.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RNGRDOG said:

You don't get one in the mail but you still have to physically tag your kill in the field. And since they don't send you a tag now you get to make it yourself, so carry some tape and a marker in your pack. I'll pass. They can just send me mine.

The advantage of the etag is my wallet is not 4 inches thick. 

• Like 3

I can imagine a lot of potential issues with this "better" process.  It's rather odd the results were already posted for etags, but not the rest which will likely change for the next draw.  For those who are signed up, great for you to find results a few days before the the rest though.

Regardless, I too will stay with the actual department tag issued for now.

New Mexico has been using an e-tag option for several years now. I haven't had any issues with it, just need to carry another foot or so of orange flagging tape which is better that (+1) a thicker wallet. 

LOL

Can't wait for results!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Sorry for my ignorance here but for the etag am I picking up that you need to print out a hard copy of the etag and attach that to the animal (assuming zip ties or electrical tape)?   Then phone it within XX hours? 

3 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

I can imagine a lot of potential issues with this "better" process.  It's rather odd the results were already posted for etags, but not the rest which will likely change for the next draw.  For those who are signed up, great for you to find results a few days before the the rest though.

Regardless, I too will stay with the actual department tag issued for now.

Saw something weird.

the boys have “pending” and yesterday their tag numbers (88,89) were displayed. Today it’s pending with no tag numbers.

18 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Saw something weird.

the boys have “pending” and yesterday their tag numbers (88,89) were displayed. Today it’s pending with no tag numbers.

read back a few posts...... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jdown said:

Sorry for my ignorance here but for the etag am I picking up that you need to print out a hard copy of the etag and attach that to the animal (assuming zip ties or electrical tape)?   Then phone it within XX hours? 

No. When you go into the app to “tag” your animal, you’ll get a unique validation code. You then write that on a piece of tape, flagging or whatever and attached that to the animal. No need to have cell service, the app will still issue a validation code. 

6 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

No. When you go into the app to “tag” your animal, you’ll get a unique validation code. You then write that on a piece of tape, flagging or whatever and attached that to the animal. No need to have cell service, the app will still issue a validation code. 

I see.. Thank you! 

• Like 1