Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Alpine

28 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

6A3A72EA-0A55-4AA6-B186-5F1F74A06AB0.thumb.jpeg.5bf49be9f7bfa80324204f6baba1ee4d.jpegInteresting new sign as we enter my dads place in Alpine!

This is total BS, I've seen a few signs on FS land for wolves which is illegal. No one to hold them accountable. 

13 minutes ago, Vowell said:

This is total BS, I've seen a few signs on FS land for wolves which is illegal. No one to hold them accountable. 

Actually not illegal when you're the government. Who's holding who accountable for what? For the government to trap wolves that they put out there?

10 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

Actually not illegal when you're the government. Who's holding who accountable for what? For the government to trap wolves that they put out there?

Chatting with a friend who traps in AZ for the USDA was telling me he could only place leg hold traps on private. Where I've have seen these signs they had leg hold traps which they have to follow state law. I was assuming they had leg holds set out on the OP's post. There I go assuming.

1 hour ago, eddielasvegas said:

I read this as: if your pet is in our trap, it's our pet now so don't even think about trying to free it.

Except pets aren’t wildlife. The sign specifics wildlife…I read it as not taking the fox, bobcat, or whatever is in the trap for the fur, etc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vowell said:

Chatting with a friend who traps in AZ for the USDA was telling me he could only place leg hold traps on private. Where I've have seen these signs they had leg hold traps which they have to follow state law. I was assuming they had leg holds set out on the OP's post. There I go assuming.

Baiting is illegal, but how do you think the AZGFD catches turkeys for transplants?   How do you think the AZGFD catch lions and bears for their studies on federal and state land? The answer is snares and leg hold.  

14 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Except pets aren’t wildlife. The sign specifics wildlife…I read it as not taking the fox, bobcat, or whatever is in the trap for the fur, etc. 

Good point BO and I sure missed that.  Good to know they are okay with a person rescuing his/her pet.

Eddie

2 hours ago, Vowell said:

Definitely not correct. They do as they please. And the law states they can. I've literally found their foothold traps on national forest behind these signs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

Definitely not correct. They do as they please. And the law states they can. I've literally found their foothold traps on national forest behind these signs.

Well looks like I'm wrong, not the first or last time.

• Like 1