Sign in to follow this  
EarlyBronco

Chevy c20/c30

Been looking for one for a while now, would like one with a 350 in it just for the convenience of working on it myself, gonna use it as a work truck for small jobs around my house, doesn’t have to be in showroom condition, but dont want rusted out junk either lol, a long bed would be even better, does anybody have one or have a friend that has one that they would part with ?? 

1 minute ago, mbiewer said:

there's a few on fb marketplace. theyre all pretty rpicey no matter the condition though.

Yeah I see that , crazy the prices they’re asking right now 

Rusted out projects are 10k everything's has gone up lots of the long beds are pricy because most guys are buying them and making them in to short beds . 

This old Ford commercial touting its twin I beam suspension came to mind.

Can't beat the old pickups.

FB_IMG_1678911370828.jpg.a8bcc71a63bfb4f1c23494dd06258600.jpg

• Like 1

Those twin I Beams were tough but heck on tires and were usually worn out by 50K. I bought a 78 3/4 Ton GMC Sierra in about 85 and drove it for another 13 years. Rebuilt the engine, 350,  4 bolt mains about 5 years after at around 160K, bought it with 144K on the clock.

Great truck, 4WD and never left me stranded. I always had a company truck so it never got more than a few thousand miles every year. I put in a new clutch and a 4" lift kit but it was a rough ride.

• Like 1

My '95 F250 has the I beams and an incredibly smooth ride for a truck. She just went to the garage last night, I suspect a dead HPOP. But at nearly a half.million miles on the beast, I can't complain. 

• Like 2

I’m looking to replace the bronco I had when I was younger. 10 years ago I said no to a 75 at 25k. Sure wish I hadn’t passed on that one! Looked at a 72 the other day that was totally rusted out and lots of cheesy mods. He wouldn’t budge off 18k!

11 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I’m looking to replace the bronco I had when I was younger. 10 years ago I said no to a 75 at 25k. Sure wish I hadn’t passed on that one! Looked at a 72 the other day that was totally rusted out and lots of cheesy mods. He wouldn’t budge off 18k!

Yeah the prices are nuts, I’m just looking for one for a work truck so don’t need anything Too nice

15 minutes ago, EarlyBronco said:

Yeah the prices are nuts, I’m just looking for one for a work truck so don’t need anything Too nice

I hear you there, I picked up a 1987 R10 (aka C10) short bed out of Winslow for $2,500. I know if you drive around in these small towns deals are still out there. There's a 72 suburban I want that sits near the railroad tracks in Belen NM. 

2 minutes ago, Vowell said:

I hear you there, I picked up a 1987 R10 (aka C10) short bed out of Winslow for $2,500. I know if you drive around in these small towns deals are still out there. There's a 72 suburban I want that sits near the railroad tracks in Belen NM. 

I see a lot of pretty good c10’s but I want a 20 or 30 to haul water 

Dang 1/2 tons. 20230629_143723.thumb.jpg.1038aaa73b94f674ff5648e0aa378e9c.jpg

• Like 1