Troutramp

Results are up.

4 hours ago, bigbuckclub said:

Back to back early archery tags. Last year unit 27, this year unit 9. My hunting group hates me. Lol

Killed my first bull last year scored just shy of 340. Going for bigger this year. 

We hate you too! :D

Awesome...good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I was sure we drew 5BS bull tags but it turns out we drew archery cow. That is OK with us. We are both 73 so likely our last archery hunt and probably our last elk tags.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Running on to the road, My favorite way to find them 

Flying across in front of the truck !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, az300wby said:

Hope you get a great bull!  I love muzz hunts.  

I wish it was a bull tag, had to settle for a cow hunt. No worries, I'm just happy I get a chance to hunt elk.

• Like 1

First Elk tag in AZ, rifle bull in 27. Guess I gotta get off my butt and do some scouting this year. 

• Like 5

I drew the 5 BS archery bull tag also.  Last had that tag in 2018, so five years, plus the loyalty point and the hunter safety point.  Tagged out in 2018 on day 13, it was warm the first week.  Looking forward to a great hunt. 

Leftover permit-tags remain for 2023 elk hunts  

Posted March 20, 2023

Elk-Cow.jpg

Applications will be accepted by mail beginning at 8 a.m. Monday, March 27 

PHOENIX — Arizona hunters still have an opportunity to receive a hunt permit-tag for select 2023 elk hunts. 

The Arizona Game and Fish Department has posted a list of leftover hunt permit-tags, as well as a printable paper application, on its website.

Leftover hunt permit-tags include:

• 62 — limited opportunity (general) antlerless elk.
  •   9 — limited opportunity (HAM) antlerless elk. 
  •   6 — archery-only antlerless elk.
  •   6 — youth-only (general) antlerless elk. 
  •   2 — archery-only bull elk.

The department will begin accepting paper applications for leftover hunt permit-tags on a first-come, first-served basis — by mail only — beginning Monday, March 27. All completed paper applications must be addressed to: Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn.: Draw/First Come, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ  85086. There is no “mini” draw. Allow 10 to 15 business days to receive a hunt permit-tag by mail.

Any remaining leftover hunt permit-tags will go on sale on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Monday, April 3, at all department offices. Some of the leftover hunt permit-tags are for Hopi hunt open areas and are available to everyone, both tribal members and non-tribal members, through the first-come, first-served process.

A number of leftover hunt permit-tags remain for military hunts at Camp Navajo, for those who qualify. For more information, visit https://dema.az.gov/army-national-guard/camp-navajo/garrison-operations/camp-navajo-hunting-information. 

For more information, including license and hunt permit-tag requirements, view the “2023 Pronghorn and Elk Hunt Draw Information” booklet online, or call 602-942-3000.     

In a weird turn of events, turns out my father in law drew the late hunt in 27! My whole group thought we struck out til he checked the portal and saw he was drawn! Can’t wait to chase elk again this winter!

On 3/15/2023 at 8:17 PM, az300wby said:

Unit 10 muzz elk here!  

I drew a mid winter November tag in 10 this year

21 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Anyone here hit the leftover lottery?

I drew a leftover unit 1 Antelope Mtn cow tag about 10 years ago.  Nothing since, gave up a few years ago.  You get lucky?

40 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

I drew a leftover unit 1 Antelope Mtn cow tag about 10 years ago.  Nothing since, gave up a few years ago.  You get lucky?

Not holding my breath. Knowing my luck my envelope is still in a mail truck and not even in the office yet.